FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I may have coronavirus fatigue

Recycle_Bin
Community Member
You heard me. You read the title. You may have an idea about what this is.

I've been agonised by the COVID-19 pandemic 24/7 ever since it killed off 2 million people all across the globe. I kept thinking to myself "What if it never ends? What if life never turns back to normal? Is this the end of the world?" It just ruined my life.

Even though I was told that it's not severe in Queensland and 90% of stuff on the internet are a joke, I still feel like there's no escape. Not even at home, at school, at the store *OR* the internet can I get a break from all of this constant information evolution about this pandemic. It's starting to get on my nerves after it crossed the line by killing 1 million people, and now 2 MILLION AND IT STILL RUNS RAMPANT AROUND THE WORLD!

I'm probably thinking I have COVID fatigue.
5 Replies 5

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Recycle Bin..

A very warm welcome to our forums...

I do believe that COVID fatigue is possible...

It can be scary when we are constantly looking at what COVID has done around the world...The figures of how many have passed away I’d so very sad...

Scientists around the world have a vaccine now to help control COVID and that’s exceptionally great....once they start rolling it out I think things will settle down a lot...

please Recycle Bin...Maybe it’s best if you can stop googling about it as well as avoid the news and media and social formats on the internet.....by doing this it might help you to settle your anxiety about it...

I stopped wanting the news, social media etc..mid last year..and it did help me to continue living my life the best I can...

Talk here anytime you feel up to it...

We do have a Corona virus thread that your welcome to share your thoughts on or reply to others their...Search Corona virus top right hand corner of this page... Coping during the Coronavirus outbreak...

my kind thoughts..

Grandy..

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Recycle Bin,

I hear you. I hear your fatigue. A big samesies - I followed the news back when it first started and saw all the numbers grow and grow and grow and grow.

It is incredibly hard to watch and process, even now as I see the number I'm not sure I can really process it and we are incredibly fortunate to be in Australia.

I do believe that it will end, and that there will be a kind of new normal. If I pull my attention towards the vaccine development I feel very optimistic and hopeful- and of course there's also herd immunity as well. As our world has learned about it, it's also reacted to it, and the lockdowns and restrictions have worked.

Do you think it's worth trying to watch less news while you can? You may not be able to avoid it at school but hopefully at home you can consume a little less (or different news) and hopefully that helps.

rt

Recycle_Bin
Community Member
Know what?

I am done. Seriously, this is just RIDICULOUS.

This COVID situation is worsening. Brisbane is locked down for a whole 3 days. What's worse is that it's suffering a cluster. Masks are mandatory all around Queensland. In fact...I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Why?!?! Why did COVID have to happen in 2020?! Why did it have to kill thousands to millions of people?! This virus has COMPLETELY CROSSED THE LINE FURTHER AND FURTHER AND FURTHER AND FURTHER!!!!!!

I can't do it. I've lost all of my hope in life. It's all over. COVID has now officially taken over the world forever. We've lost. The only option for me left is taking my life.

Hey Recycle Bin, 

Thank you for reaching out to our community tonight. We're really sorry to hear of the anxiety, uncertainty and hopelessness you feel. We understand the restrictions put in place during the coronavirus lockdowns can have a significant impact on our lives and wellbeing. But please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space to talk about your thoughts and feelings and we will try our best to support you. 

If you feel up to it, we'd recommend reaching out to our Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service. The website is regularly updated with information, advice and strategies to help you manage your wellbeing and mental health during this time. You can also call our dedicated support line, staffed by mental health professionals, which is available 24/7 on 1800 512 348. We'd also recommend reading through some of the really helpful and reassuring articles available on the Reach Out website, including:  Please be aware that our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we are worried about you.

We hope that you keep checking in to let us know how you're going, whenever you feel up to it. 

Heya,

I know what you mean with the lockdowns and all that - I'm also in QLD and just got out of lockdown today obviously, but the fact that we're back to wearing masks feels like it's a bit of a loop.

It seems pretty out of hand hey? I'm so grateful though that while yeah we're having lockdowns, a lot of cases to Australia is like, 10, compared to in other countries (*cough cough* America *cough cough*) where it's actually a BIG issue.

Why did it have to happen? I honestly have no idea. And it sucks. But it's not like it's the ONLY pandemic EVER that has happened. But all those old ones have been forgotten about mostly - because at the time they were really difficult like COVID can seem, but we have never not gotten over a pandemic. It might take a bit more time basically, but things are gonna get better and overall in Australia we are in a really good position.

Just like even though COVID feels like it's never ending but in reality will get better I promise you, the feelings surrounding it and the toughness is temporary. Suicidal thoughts are temporary. Our world is evolving all the time just like us. Taking your life seems like a way of not dealing with everything maybe, but it stops you from getting the satisfaction of when this is all finally over. There is so much more out there for you. Don't let what's going on right now stop you.

There is HOPE and there is happiness in finding that hope.

Take care xx