FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I have clinical depression and currently fighting myself.

Hb5598
Community Member

Is this where the depressed people come and chat? I’m new.

6 Replies 6

Hb5598
Community Member

Hello, I should give some context. I am a 13 yr old male struggling with year 7. My family is split and I live with my mum and my brother. I have clinical depression and currently fighting myself. With the still going events of 2020 it is a hard life, and have tried (on numerous accounts) suicide but I couldn’t go through. I am quite fat, have AD HD and spectral autism, and can often be found sleeping or gaming. So that is a little about me.

Hey Hb5598,

Thank you for sharing with us here. We can hear you’re going through a difficult time and feeling like you're fighting yourself at the moment. We’re really glad you could come and share this here, it’s not an easy thing to do and we really admire you doing so.

We’re reaching out to you privately to check you’re ok. In the meantime, we’d really encourage you to give us a call on the Beyond Blue Support Service on 1300 22 4636 if you'd like to talk things through with the lovely counsellors there. A few more options are KidsHelpline on 1800 55 1800, Lifeline on 13 11 44, and Headspace on 1800 650 890. All of these options are also available through webchat, if you'd prefer:  Hopefully, you’ll hear from this lovely community soon. Maybe you could help them along by letting us know what kind of support you have at the moment, and if anyone around you is helpful or understanding with how you’re feeling?

Kind regards,

Sophie M

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Hb5598,

Wellcome to our forums.

Im sorry you are feeling this way I understand it’s difficult.

Sophie M has given you some great advice.

Im sorry that you are fighting yourself I understand that this is really hard.

Its hard to experience intrusive thoughts that can accompany anxiety and depression I understand.

I understand you have said that you are fat, please try not define yourself in this way.

It doesn’t matter what we look like, what matters is who we are inside and that we give ourselves self love.

Are you currently receiving professional help for your conditions?

Please know that you can get better from what you are currently going through with the correct help.

Im really glad that you are here with us, please don’t give up you have a bright future ahead of you.

We are all a very caring supportive community and we are here to support you, thank you for reaching out to us.

We are here to chat to you

Hb5598
Community Member
Thanks, I will think about it

Hb5598
Community Member
Oh and yes, I see multiple people on a monthly basis

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Hb5598,

Thank you for your reply.

How are you today?

Im glad that you are seeing health professionals that’s great.

Happy to chat to you anytime 😊