FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I had a big blowup with my partner for no reason

Flower_1
Community Member

My partner and I have spent every second in isolation together and have had barely any arguments. Tonight we had a very huge fight over nothing at all and I yelled at him like I never have before and said some things that were very wrong and that I didn’t even mean. It was a lot bigger then a normal argument and he said he doesn’t want to be around me at all and it’s best we end things. (We are both very hot headed people)

Lately I’ve been feeling pretty lonely as my partner and I moved down to my family holiday home, so I’m feeling very distant and far away from my usual life. I have quit a large group of friends but feel like no one actually cares about me. I have always been someone to never really show or tell my friends how I’m actually feeling and just put on a fake smile.

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hi Flower.1,

Thank you for sharing your story on the forums. It sounds like things have been quite difficult for you. We think you're really brave for reaching out given that you mentioned that you don't like to show how you're really feeling. Please know that you that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental place and our wonderful community is here to support you. 

Many in our community have also been through a lot in their lives and will be able to talk through these feelings with you. If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best support you through this.

Anon202
Community Member

I had a low up with my partner too.

I want to leave him but ..

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Flower and Anon, can I offer you both a warm welcome and I'm sorry for the situation you are both in.

This lockup period has put so much pressure on each one of us, it's different for you being together the whole weekend, because this has been months, 24/7, so to expect disagreement or an argument with the person you love is bound to happen, don't we get cross with ourselves anyway, I do.

It all depends on how much 'give and take' is offered and accepted that keeps a relationship together, which maybe different to a long term marriage or perhaps not, only because you know the 'ins and outs' of each other.

I'm divorced so maybe I'm wrong, but to make up is always fun, again this depends on the situation.

Good luck to both of you.

Geoff.