FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

i don't know what to do anymore

One9Eight
Community Member
i dont want a job, i dont want to exercise, i push people away, if i try something and i'm shit at it then i never want to do it again. i hate myself and i have no idea what to do
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Welcome One9Eight,

We're glad to have you here in our friendly online community. We know it can be hard to write the first post, so thank you for having the courage to do so! We're sorry to hear that you're struggling to find motivation and having these negative thoughts about yourself. These thoughts must be difficult to cope with. Many of our community members will relate to these feelings and hopefully some of them will pop by with some words of advice.

We understand that it can be difficult to know how to move forwards. Please know that there is support available to you. You are always welcome to get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under. If you are interested, we would also recommend getting in touch with an organisation called Headspace. Headspace is an organisation specifically for young people aged 12-25 and they offer a wide range of services including group programs which are a great opportunity to meet people. They also have a group chat on their webpage.

Please feel free to reach out here on your thread and keep us updated on what you're feeling and experiencing whenever you feel up to it.

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi One9Eight

Welcome to the forum and for sharing how you are feeling, it is not easy to post here and I am so proud you have. I can hear how unmotivated you are feeling, how frustrated you are feeling and even in all of that I also see some light, something positive.

You said that "if I try something.." the most awesome thing here is that you are still trying, you are still having a go and that is wonderful. It is not easy to get up every day and face the day when you are feeling like this, but I can hear you are..would this be right?

Finding self love is also a bit of a journey, but it is very possible, if you wanted to talk some more about that we can. To help you to see how wonderful you are, for you to see the goodness and the beauty in you, and to appreciate who you are and that you are doing good things.

It is really easy to see all the negative things we do, to be our own worst enemy, but mostly these are thoughts that are not true. Thoughts are just that, thoughts and not actions, you do not have to act or accept them. It is a hard process to change but it is possible One9Eight.

I hope to chat to you some more, if you would like to share what else is going on for you, I am here to listen and to sit with you through this.

Hugs to you

Sarah