FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don’t know what’s wrong

CeilingJockey
Community Member
I don’t even know where to really start, my parents are getting divorced after being seperated for a few years and it still hurts so bad, that’s only the base line of my problems. I get caught up on such dumb stuff and it gets to me, every day is a struggle. I don’t want to get up out of bed, I just want to lay down and not wake up. I have issues with my relationship with my parents and school problems. They seem so minor but just keep piling up on me. I don’t know what’s wrong with me and why I’m so sad all the time, I hate it. It doesn’t make sense.
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hey CeilingJockey,

Welcome to the forums, we understand how scary it can be to take the big step in sharing your thoughts and feelings here with our community, so well done on showing your incredible strength and courage. We're so sorry to hear what's happening in your family at the moment, and can hear how much pain you must be feeling right now with struggling to get out of bed, and feeling sad all the time. It sounds like it must be so confusing and exhausting, but it does sound like you have a lot on your plate at the moment, with relationships and school problems all piling on top of one another. It must be so difficult to cope with all of this on your own, but please know that you've come to safe, non-judgemental space to talk things through and our community is here to offer as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

Can we ask if you've opened up to anyone else about how you've been feeling- perhaps a close friend of family member? It can be really draining to have to keep these feelings bottled up inside, and we'd really encourage you to reach out for some extra support through this. Our friends at Kids Help Line are also another really great option- they are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under. They friendly counsellors are available to you anytime, 24/7 on 1800 55 1800, or also through their webchat if you'd feel more comfortable chatting online: https://kidshelpline.com.au/get-help/webchat-counselling We’d also welcome you to reach out to our Support Service, which is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or also through Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport

We hope that you can find some comfort here and keep checking back in and let us know how you are going when you feel up to it. We're all here for you.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my problems, I used to talk to a psychologist about my problems a few years ago. But after a visit to the psych ward it seemed like my problems were gone and I was getting better but now it’s come crashing back down. I haven’t talked to anyone because I’m scared to, my dad doesn’t believe in problems being too bad and just tells me to fix them like I know where to start, my mum’s similar or just says there’s nothing she can do. I want to tell my friends but I dont want them to see me differently from how happy I act around them.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ceiling jockey

welcome to the forums and thanks for reahin out.

It is hard when you cant tell the ones you love as they dont understand.

i wonder is there a teacher or a year advisor or a counsellor you could just chat to.

Having your parents divorce cab so emotional and difficult.

If you could ring one of the help lines Sophie mentioned you may find that is a start to have someone listens who understands.

Feel free to post here again as we are listening and you are not alone.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Ceiling Jockey,

Wellcome to our forums!

Sorry to hear your parents are going through a divorce that’s must really hurt…….

im sorry to hear you are struggling, you could see your gp……. you could do a mental health plan together this will enable you to see a psychologist….

im here to chat to you…