FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

**I can't talk. I want to but it's like the words get stuck in my throat** HELP!

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello to each and every one of you that this statement applies to:

**I can't talk. I want to but it's like the words get stuck in my throat**

As I spend time on this forum I am hearing this more and more, and so felt the only thing to do was bring us together. So when you feel like you are the only one, know you most certainly are not.

So here I wanted to make a place where anyone who is feeling like this can come to share, to express here in written words how they manage when the words won't or can't come out.

How do you ask for help when the damn words wont come out?

Welcome and I am so looking forward to typing with you all, to learn, to listen and to create a thread that can help another who struggles with verbal communication.

Hugs as always

Sarah xx

3 Replies 3

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some other themes that seem to be related to the above is also "attention seeking" concerns and thoughts that your concerns are "made up" or "not bad enough". That by talking you are wanting attention and not help, or even just an ear to listen.

I hope we can help you out if this is something that you are experiencing too, let's chat.

Hugs

Sarah

Clade
Community Member
I get this too..I can speak but sometimes not always what i want to say or i am very careful with what i say..As if i only speak when i need too..

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Clade

It is so wonderful that you have come to chat here then, this is a safe place and you can share what you are feeling or how things are for you right now. There is no judgement here so you can get some things off your chest, if you wanted to that is.

How do you find writing words V's saying words?

I hope to chat to you some more and to listen and to share how things are for you right now.

Welcome Clade.

Hugs

Sarah