FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

General Venting

OceanPhoenix
Community Member
So recently I have not done any work related to school in a week and I'm always stuck in bed. It has dawned on me multiple times that I may be very unmotivated but throughout the years I was told I was lazy so I struggle to tell the difference. I'm scared that this may persist and eventually, it may lead to me not eating frequently or not attending social gatherings etc. It's also really hard for me to communicate with others I often keep everything bottled up and my whole life I despised leaning on others. To be honest I don't even know why I'm here...Maybe a stranger's advice holds some worth? Maybe to vent? I don't know. I guess I was wondering if anyone out there struggles with differentiating laziness and lack of motivation or being "burnt out" as I do. Also recently I feel rather lonely despite being surrounded by others constantly and more tired than usual. Some days I feel like I'm not heard or no one pays attention to me when I'm usually okay with not being in the center of attention. Lastly, I have been very irritable and I just don't know why as the smallest things set me off whether it's with friends or family. Well, that will be all for now I suppose. Thank you for listening to my venting.
3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello OceanPheonix, we aren't qualified doctors but we can suggest to you that everything you have told us indicates that yu do need to go and visit your doctor, who will then diagnose you and direct you into the areas that will help you.

This illness has the capacity to make you feel exactly like you have said, it's not your fault so please don't blame yourself, because if this happens it only locks the door we are trying to open for you.

As well as talking with us, you can also contact Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 by phone, web chat or online, they help people from the age of 5 to 25 and a trained counsellor will assign themselves to you.

Please don't worry as we ourselves are volunteers but have our own experience.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

BeautifulHorse
Community Member

It's good to vent... I can relate a bit to you. I'm not physically tired all the time, but I often struggle with motivation. I'm often told that 'life can't all be fun', which is very annoying. Do you have a hobby? Sometimes a change of pace can help you get excited about doing things. Also, having background noise e.g. rain noise can help when doing school work, I know I wouldn't survive school at the moment without it.

If you're really tired all the time to the point of not being able to get up, it might be a good idea to see a doctor.

Yeah, I get that. I used to have hobbies but over some time I lost interest in them so right now I don't. Possibly every 3 months I may engage in a hobby but not frequently. As for background noise, it doesn't usually help me and I always found calming things to make me more anxious such as listening to calm music when trying to sleep or studying.