FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

friends and school

Laney-BB1234
Community Member

ok so basically i have a friend (lets call her v) she is my best friend of like 4 years now. initially we were a trio with this other girl, but she moved schools recently. it hit us both rlly hard, but her especially. since then, i've joined a group of ppl that im friends with and she followed suit. these ppl are rlly kind, friendly and like us both a lot. thing is there a lot closer to me than her. recently my friend broke down saying she felt rlly alone since our old friend left and since i'm hanging out with these ppl more than her. she doesn't rlly have other friends. she told me she was gonna try and find some other friends (since she doesnt rlly like my friends a lot) but so far there's been no success. and look, she means more to me than those other friends but i like them a lot too and i dont wanna leave them. i told them about how she was feeling (she told me i could) and they were like 'tbh we like her but we've rlly only tolerated her this long cause she's your friend' (v doesnt know about this btw) v has since said she wont be sitting with us and it sucks, since without her i'll always feel like a bit of an outsider compared to them, and since shes my best friend. and look ive supported her a lot but in all honesty i think shes being dramatic, although i understand i dont own her and she can sit with whoever she likes. anyways, i wanted to ask if there's anything i should do? or should i just let her leave? idk someone help pls.

1 Reply 1

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

Sounds like a tough situation for you to be in - a friend feeling left out and a new group of friends. I get why she's hurt with your other friend leaving and you getting tighter with this new group.

Maybe you could have an honest, caring talk with V? Reassure her your friendship means everything, but you also vibe with this new crew. I also winder of there some sort compromise is possible? Times when the two of you hangout, but also times where she can chill with the bigger group if she's down. With some understanding from both sides, you can hopefully blend your worlds a bit more.

School friend shifts can be hard. (It's also a time of learning - socially I mean) Don't give up on your friend if she means that much to you. You don't have to ditch your new squad either.

Listening