FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling stressed and anxiety in Year 12 and at home

booknerd
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

3 Replies 3

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Helllo booknerd,

Welcome to the forum. It seem a like your post did not go through.

I can see by your title you are feeling stressed and have anxiety in Year 12 and at home.

Would you like to tell us more about what is happening at school and home.?

Quirky

Hello quickywords,

I am currently a Year 12 student and I have just gotten my recent biology and further maths sac mark scores and they are bad. In fact, I am ranked quite low in my class. No matter how hard I try, I just seem to tense up and freeze and completely flunk the sac. There are days when I just want to curl up in my bed and cry and not go to school. I have started to eat lots of comfort food (caramel slice, chocolate are my kryptonite) Eating all of this junk food has caused me to gain weight and break out into pimples and it flares up my eczema (red rashes.) I get so much anxiety going to school because I feel as if people are staring at me because my face is red, flaky and puffy. It doesn't help that some of the boys in my class ignore me.... like they talk to other girls but never to me. I just feel singled out and makes me feel like the ugly duckling, I have very few friends as well. I just feel so alone because everyone at school is invited to parties and functions and i never am. I have drifted away from many of my friends because they are going to many of the 'cool kids' parties. I was one of the very few people not invited to a birthday party, which the whole year level went to. Not to mention, I am also behind on my schoolwork because all I want to do is read books. I am the eldest child, and I feel a lot of pressure to do well in VCE. However, my parents don't seem to understand that VCE is hard or that it is embarrassing going to school looking like a bloated tomato.

Hi booknerd,

I'm also a yr 12 student this year and I'm having it really hard right now as well. I also just feel completely useless. it seems as though my best is not good enough. I've basically flunked all my trials as well, so I am having this really bad anxiety over my atar since I want to go to uni, and i've also got another major project due soon. Gosh and I've also gained some weight and had more acne than before so don't worry Just wanna let u know that ur not alone x