FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Chronic illness while being young

Willowtree_21
Community Member

Has anyone else had issues with being chronically ill? I got a whole bunch during my mid teen years (still dealing with them late teens)

Lately, I’ve just felt so tired of having to hide it to be successful. I’m exhausted by it. My job kinda makes it difficult to discuss without losing work.

Would just love to hear other stories.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Willowtree_21, a warm welcome to the site.

What you have told us is of great concern so we'd really like for you to tell us a little more if that's possible, so we can then address your comment in an appropriate way, so please don't worry about what you want to say, as we have struggled through our type of depression and may relate to how you are feeling.

Geoff.

Hey Geoff

Thanks for replying to my comment.

I feel like I really just want to connect with other young people who have experienced chronic issues.

My chronic illness can impact me physically and mentally. Ironically I am quite out going but struggle with chronic fatigue, POTS and more.

I eat a restrictive diet (DR suggested) to maintain my symptoms. The diet is intense. Benefits me so greatly but I miss food freedom. It's not really an option for me right now unfortunately.

It can just be really isolating and not many people get how hard it is. Like, it sucks to not be able to eat a sandwich when everyone else is