FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Break up during isolation!

broome
Community Member

Hey there,

I am 18 and dealing with a confusing break up type situation. I already have mental health issues and dont know how im going to cope through a break up during isolation and not being able to hang out with my friends. Please does anyone have any tips to get through this.

Thankyou all the best x

2 Replies 2

Maui757
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Broome,

I can only imagine how daunting that must feel. You're already on the right track by reaching out here, and by recognising that you're going to be going through extra stress in a time that's already incredibly stressful!

I would suggest reaching out to your friends online/via text or phone if you can? I know I myself have been making an extra effort to play games online with my friends in a group chat, and just messaging people more through facebook and stuff to make sure we're all staying connected and it helps to not feel so lonely.

Also, I'm not sure what your reasons are for breaking up, but perhaps it's a good time to focus on yourself? Find something you've been wanting to do and have a go. Go for walks, read a book, take some photos, whatever makes you happy. Treat yourself, focus on loving yourself and knowing that you're ok on your own.

I hope this helps somewhat 🙂

Maui

Sophie_M
Hi broome,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue Forums and thanks for taking the brave step in sharing your story with our wonderful community. I'm so sorry to hear that on top of everything happening at the moment, that you are also dealing with a break up. It must be really difficult to be dealing with these feelings, but please know that you've come to a safe, non-judgemental space and our community is here to offer you as much support, advice and conversation as you need. I can see that Maui757 has given you some really great advice and tips on self-care during times like these. If you think it might be helpful, you are also always welcome to get in touch with our Beyond Blue Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service which is available 24/7 by calling 1800 512 348 or you can visit coronavirus.beyondblue.org.au One of our trained mental health professionals, briefed in helping people deal with the impact of the pandemic on their mental health and wellbeing, will be able to talk things through with you and offer you some helpful advice for your situation.
Feel free to keep our community updated here on how you're going whenever you feel up to it.