FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

work pressures

Batesy
Community Member

Hi All, first time user here just reading a few post i suffer from Anxiety and take some medication.my work gives me a huge amount of pressure from a boss i have now suffered anxiety for around 2 years but i can not leave as i live in a country town and there is not a lot of jobs.i feel lost a lot of the time only a few people know my condition as i hide it all the time.

5 Replies 5

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Yes it isn't easy in a country town to get work.

I have a few threads you can google. Just read the first post in each.

Beyondblue topic fortress of survival (workplace)

Beyondblue topic anxiety, how I eliminated it

Beyondblue topic holidays

I hope you are ok. Repost anytime.

TonyWK

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Batesy,

I really feel for you. You sound stressed, down and perhaps even lonely.

Your thread title “work pressures” caught my attention. I think it’s because I feel that I can relate to your work stress/pressures, even if our circumstances may not be the same.

In addition, you have anxiety and I understand that can be very draining. It can definitely take its toll. I would imagine that your current work environment probably doesn’t help your anxiety very much...

But I also understand that job options are limited where you are...that must be hard. On the one hand, I realise you obviously need an income. But on the other hand, your work is very stressful. That’s rough...

I’m not sure if I have been much help. But I am reading along, & would like you to know that if you feel like sharing more (no pressure), there’s a lot of compassion here 🙂

kindness & care,

Pepper

thanks whiteknight and pepper I work very hard everyday on getting better I have a great little family and a Awsome wife of 20 years I know I can get better my doctor is very supportive. thanks again for listening and I will look around on this useful site.

Pine_cone
Community Member

Hi ! This is my first time speaking( texting) about my severe depression. Apart from 3 other people no o e else knows.

I am really struggling with my boss at work currently - been told I'm not smiling enough and I'm not the same person he employed two years ago!

But who is !

Was my response back.

I'm nearly 53 (birthday this Sunday).

I'm taking my self away for a few days away - hoping this will help with my depression and mostly getting away from my boss .

i haven't told any work colleagues about my depression. And I don't feel like I should be forced in disclosing it either !

I don't know what else to type currently. Hopefully I might find some support here? Bye for now.

Pine cone

Hi pine cone

You are more than welcome to start your own thread and go into further specific detail.

TonyWK