FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Work and depression - Support and guidance needed

B_W_
Community Member
Hi everyone, I am 32, female and feel like I have been on a roller coaster of depression and anxiety since my teens.
Been to numerous doctors and psychologists, I may have finally found the people I feel comfortable with but they cannot help me change overnight. Work has always been an issue for me as I call in sick often. I am lucky to have even retained a job for the last 9 years however it is high pressure and I cannot deal with it anymore. I am terrified but I feel like it may be best for me to possibly resign so I can focus on myself. Has anyone been here before?
10 Replies 10

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey B.Will, welcome to the forums.

I don't know about work unfortunately because I don't have a job and never have (I'm a failure, I know). But I hope you can stay, or whatever you feel is best for you.

I hope you can find some professionals you click with also, but we're all here for you too. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, but I do care.

B_W_
Community Member

Hi mb20lover,

thank you so much for replying so quickly. It means a lot!

you are definitely not a failure, it is pure luck that that I have managed to stay employed trust me.

Please do not feel like you have to tell me at all, but is money a huge worry for you? Being a financial burden on my loved ones is my biggest fear but I will be calling Centrelink for some advice as well.

change is terrifying but I definitely need to do something.

i have been to so many psychologists but I finally feel like I have found the right one for me (fingers crossed) I have my third appointment with him on Monday and will speak to him about all of this as well.

sadly no one can wave a magic wand and fix me now though

Thanks again xo

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey B.W, you're welcome.

I hope you can stay employed. I'm on the DSP, so that's how I support myself but I live with my parents.

Hopefully you've found the right Psychologist. Best of luck with everything.

This may be a silly question but what’s DSP of you don’t mind me asking?

Guest8970
Community Member

i just posted a thread on exactly this.

Centrelink's 'help' can tip you over the edge. I've seen it with others and i saw Robodebt do it too.

Hey mocha delight, not a silly question at all.

DSP stands for Disability Support Pension, you can get it for mental health too which is what I did.

Guest8970 - good point.

B_W_
Community Member
Where abouts is your thread? I’m struggling to navigate the forums

Guest_4643
Community Member
Hey B.W, welcome to the forums. Maybe you could try searching their username? Or Guest8970, you could comment on your thread perhaps (no pressure) so it comes up in the new threads section?

B_W_
Community Member
Thank you. I think I am going to resign today. I may be making things harder for myself but I can’t function