FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Widow. Lonely & depressing

Tay21
Community Member
My husband died last year. It was so sudden. He was working then 6&1/2 weeks later he was dead. Never in my wildest dreams would I have though I would be a widow at 50. He was only 52. He was such a sweet and wonderful person. It’s been so up and down for me and it’s getting worse, not better. And I guess this corona virus hasn’t helped. I feel so lonely and sad. We had no children. We tried! Unfortunately it wasn’t to be for us. My husband had a child from his previous marriage. When I was down about not have children. He use to say she’s ours❤️ But after his death she cut off contact and is contesting the Will. I’m heart broken...can anybody relate to this or just connect so I don’t feel so alone?? Thanks for reading 😌
2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Tay21,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. We can hear it has been a difficult time for you and then having a child cut contact would be compounding to the loss you are feeling.

We are here to support you, please keep reaching out. Do you have any current supports around you? Either professional or social supports?

Sophie

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Tay,

A very warm welcome to the forums...

Im deeply sorry about your husband..

My husband passed away 7 years ago this year...Their are still times that loneliness becomes overwhelming even after so long....We were married for 38 years..not a good marriage at all..but I still miss him..

I got myself a volunteer job with a well know charity one day a week which has helped with meeting new people and having a day out..I live in a very tiny town in central west NSW..only 200 residents in town.I moved here after he passed away and making friends in a tight knit town is almost impossible...I do have 3 sons who live over 7 hours away and we don’t see each other much at all.nor phone each other which is so sad...(it’s complicated)...

Im wondering if you’ve spoken to your Dr about how your feeling...or if you’ve had grief counselling at all....These may be able to help you..

Im sorry your step daughter has broken all contact with you..that’s so sad..

Talk here anytime you feel up to it, we are here for you dear Tay....and would like to offer our/ my support to get you through the hard time you’re going through...

Do you have any hobbies you like to do...or a pet..I have two little fur babies that help get me up every morning to care for them...

Sending my care and kindest thoughts lovely Tay..

Grandy..