FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why do I feel like this?

RJ2020
Community Member
i dont really know what im doing so ill just introduce myself, Hi I'm Riley. I have mild-severe anxiety, mild social anxiety, ptsd and mild depression. i feel isolated when people who arent in my circle stare at me or I feel sad. i tend to cry myself into deep thought or sleep 🙂 I want to know how to cope better I just cant find healthy ways to cope when I zone out and.....it makes my head and chest hurt and tighten. i feel like I'm never good enough and I don't meet anyone expectations of me. i feel shut off, trapped, concealed everyone thinks I'm very happy and comfortable with my life but I'm not. i want to feel good about myself and I don't want people to look at me and me to just think oh god their judging me....Please someone help.
4 Replies 4

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi Riley, welcome

Your illnesses are serious and highly likely ongoing.

It is far better to slowly steer a ship on a better course than expect it to change course rapidly. So, ok, you have these mental illnesses that present massive challenges. Here is my take on what priorities you should aim for-

1. Acceptance. Your nature is not changeable. You are you and your illnesses are a part of you.
2. Embrace your capability and no more. This means seeking your ability to improve your situation being realistic in your ambitions.
2. Maintain professional medical help
4. Self help.
5. Interaction with peer input. E.g. this forum
6. Removal of negative people or situations. E.g. toxic people, bad debts, poor environment, addictions etc.
7. Be determined to improve low self esteem

Threads here can help you begin some if these processes.
Use Google

Beyondblue topic anxiety, how I eliminated it

Beyondblue topic worry worry worry

YouTube maharaji acceptance

Repost anytime.
TonyWK

Thank you White Night,

I am not sure how to handle my relationship, even if I try to say something to improve it I seem to be put in my place. Is this what you refer to as Toxic?

Hi

"Toxic people" means people in your life that-

Cause you great stress
Are not caring
Are not considerate
Are manipulative and/or controlling
Are a continuous financial burden
Argumentative without resolve
Don't accept you for who you are
Have wait tendencies e.g. use other people as weapons against you

TonyWK

Beverly
Community Member
One of the hardest things to deal with is individuality. I have found it hard my whole life but hang in there and seek help please. If it doesn't help move to the next person. But try and be honest with at least one person as they can be your backbone through all this. Your not alone. You do deserve to be happy