FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Where do I start?? So much to say but which is the "right" thread?

Emzykoko
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello

I'm Emzy and I'm a 30 something chick with ABI, PTSD, ADD, Major Panic and Anxiety Disorders and Extreme Social Phobias.

I joined Beyond Blue quite awhile ago but found the whole process of posting in or joining a forum EXTREMELY daunting. There are so many threads that are the same topic, the dates are all over the place, I don't know if I'm posting correctly or if whatever I have spewed onto the page has just gotten lost in cyberland..

I'll try to find a "NEW MEMBERS" forum, but it seems that all the "Newbies" are now old hat and the thread has been going on for months..

I'm like a toddler that needs to be taken by the hand and baby stepped through what really shouldn't be difficult - I know that I am exacerbating and making this way more difficult than it actually is but that's ADD combined with Major Panic and Anxiety, PTSD and Social Phobia for you.

If anybody could steer me to a newbie newbie thread or one that's patiently friendly with a novice like myself...I'd really appreciate that. I have been wanting to reach out for so so long. Things in my world are dark and have been for a while.

I know that Beyond Blue members will be able to indentify, and hopefully in sharing stories of hope and recovery, the site AND the world won't be such a daunting place anymore.

4 Replies 4

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Emzy😊

Welcome!

I think where you've posted is perfect ... i can't give you step by step instructions, I'm pretty new myself, but you've created this thread right here, and you can use it to say whatever you like, and other members, new and old alike can respond to you.

So this is kinda your space right here, to use exactly as you please.

You will get better help from others but i just wanted to say that you can say whatever you like right here.

Good on you for posting. We're here for you.

🌻 birdy

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Emzykoko,

Welcome to the forums, and well done for starting this thread. It can seem very overwhelming at first . I was a member for over a year before i posted as it felt so hard.

Once I made the first post I gained confidence as you will too.

You have started a thread, posted in the right place, so you are off to a good start.

This is a safe, friendly and supportive place.

You can also look at other threads thatyou are interested in and read them and reply to them if you like.

Birdy has explained how you can use this thread to talk about things that concern you.

Welcome again ,

Quirky

Tina_Angel
Community Member

Hi Emzykoko I can relate I’m a newbie as well and have been scrolling the past few hours trying to work out where to post, I have no idea lol

I hope you have found somewhere to post I haven’t officially done it yet not sure what I’m scared of mainly because I’m the queen of pushing everyone away ... it should be a sport I’d have gold by now

but saying that I’m a self reflector so I can’t oush people away and expect them to come back at least I’m mature enough to realise that ( depression and anxiety hey)

Well I hope your dark days are getting better

Take care Emzykoko feel free to reply anytime I’m in need of some like minded people x

Welcome Tina Angel,

Thanks for making your first post.

I am glad you have told us about yourself and am sure you will find like minded people.

I can relate to pushing people away but then wanting them back as many people reading your post would too.

As people have not posted on this thread for quite a while , you may like to start your own thread so more people can see it.

you can go to Forum FAQ thread and look at the first post that tells you how you start a thread.

It is in the welcome and orientation section or just type FAQ thread into the search engine top right hand of the page.

You can also join in any thread that interests here or post here.

just let me know if you have any questions.

welcome again

Quirky