FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What should we call these forums? Your feedback please

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Should we name these forums?  Or is the beyondblue forums clear enough, do you think?

Some suggestions that came through our blueVoices group recently included:

• bb Neighbourhood
  • bb Alliance
  • bb Exchange
  • bb Buzz
  • bb Collective

Be keen to hear your feedback below. Do any of the above names take your fancy? Do you have a suggestion of your own? Do we need a name at all?

9 Replies 9

Zeal
Community Member

Hi Chris,

I personally like this being known as "the Beyondblue forum". This way it's clear and is easily associated with beyondblue as an organisation. What does everyone else think?

Best wishes,

SM

HA1
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Yeah, I tend to agree with SM.

Some of the names I have thought about include:

BB Conversations, or  BB Discussions

But, then, if it's not broken, why fix it.

K

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Christopher,

Beyond Blue Forums works well for me, but I also like Hideaways suggestions of BB Conversations or BB Discussions. I also like to think of the forums as a Community.

To me BB Collective sounds a bit too Communistic! Ha. Ha.

It is great people have made suggestions. Like Hideaway also mentioned, if it's not broken, why fix it.

Cheers from Mrs. Dools

Pixie15
Community Member

Hi Chris B,

I also like to think of the forums as an online community. 

The link to the sign up page says something about joining the Beyond Blue online community and this seems appropriate. When struggling with anxiety and depression as a sufferer or carer you can become quite cut off from the broader community and family and friends. Also a lot of support services come and go as funding becomes available or disappears.

I think it would be good (if there was a new name) to reflect this community appeal.

Grateful.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Chris, I too still like the site staying the same and known as 'Beyond Blue Forum', because the name has now become a huge awareness in the community for depression, everyone knows what it stands for.

Do you or the team have any suggestions or ideas. Thanks Geoff.

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I think I am in agreement with everyone else on this thread, I like how so many of you say 'welcome to beyond blue' when talking to new people, it's such a good name as it's something that we all strive for every day.

the_motorcycle_boy
Community Member

Hi Chris,

I like both bb Buzz and bb Neighbourhood but my suggestion is bb Crossroads, that is, if you decide to name it.

Cheers

TMB

Hello TMB, that's an interesting one! So many people that come here are at a crossroads, plus crossroads are a meeting point as well.  I wonder if I'm the only one here old enough to remember an awful soap opera by that name set in a motel with wobbly walls haha.

Hi JessF,

Yes, I thought the name "bb Crossroads" was an interesting one too. We all come here to meet at different crossroads, while at the same time we are at different crossroads in our lives. Thanks for your encouraging comments. I think I'm old enough to remember Crossroads, the soapie, but I don't. Wobbly walls! what have I missed out on?!

Cheers

TMB