FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What now?

Nin63
Community Member
Hi, I was under therapy but as my area no longer bulk bills I cannot afford help anymore. I'm not sure where to turn. I need a place to vent.
4 Replies 4

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Nin63,

A very warm and caring welcome to the forums..

I’m sorry that your area no longer bulk bills...

You have come to the right place if you need to vent you are very welcome to do that here..,I know it’s not the same as face to face with a therapist...We are not professional people here, we do have lived experience and offer our help, suggestions and support as best we can..

Maybe if you feel up to it...you can vent here and/or talk here and we’ll do our best...

Beyond Blue have very caring trained counsellors that if you to talk things over they are their to help you in anyway they can....The number is on the bottom of most of the pages here..it’s 1300 22 4636...

Hope to hear from you again if your feeling up to it...

My kindest thoughts and care dear Nin63.

Grandy..

yggdrasil
Community Member

Hi Nin63,

Sorry to hear your area no longer bulk bills. Are you able to do remote Zoom therapy sessions with a therapist in another location that does bulk bill? I did that during COVID - while not quite as good as in person, it was still very helpful. All the best,

yggdrasil

Maddeline
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Nin63,

I am so sorry to hear that your area no longer accepts bulk billing. Without help it is difficult to know where to go to express feelings and worries. This is a safe place to vent, and someone will always be there to answer or respond to your vents. There are also a lot of free services to call depending on what it is that you are experiencing. Just reach out on the forums, and we will be able to provide you with websites and numbers in correlation to your journey and needs.

Positive_vibes89
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Nin63, thank you for posting. There are some supports that are free all around australia. What kind of support do you need? As beyond blue champions we have some knowledge about different support networks and we can make some suggestions about which ones you can get into contact with. I understand that health care can be so expensive, can you commute to another therapist? I have provided a link that you can use to search up therapists in your area or close by that bulk bill.

https://www.yourhealthinmind.org/find-a-psychiatrist

I hope we can help you out further as well.

Tee