FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Welcome

ForMeToKnow
Community Member

Hi I'm middle aged male who has ever since I've come across it made time to financially support BB as various fundraising activities were happening and me.

While disappointed to be in a position where I think an unload on these forums will help me I'm really very pleased to join BB and receive some advice or at least kind ears.

Great work by the BB team to provide this sort of resource I think males are easily emotionally isolated and this sort of Forum can be an outlet.

FMTK

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hi FMTK, I'm sure your support for BB has been greatly appreciated, so thank you very much.
Males can be easily affected by depression just as females do, but males tend to bottle it up because they're frightened that they will be judged as being weak, not so, they are courageous and need all the help they can get.
It doesn't matter what sex you are because if depression has taken over your life it affects your family life and whether you can keep a job, but there are so many other problems that suddenly arise where you are incapable of performing.
Everyone, and that's absolutely everyone who is suffering from this most insidious illness can get help in different ways, their doctor, psychologist, family, or friends if they still have them, but from all of us who have struggled for so long, sometimes this may allow people to come in from another direction, one that the professionals haven't even tackled.
My heart goes out to everybody struggling with depression because I've been a victim and still are. Geoff.