FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Trying to Settle Down After a Long Journey.

Guest_025
Community Member

Thank you for having me on the Beyond Blue online forums.

Hello to All those who have Been Encouraging Each other in times of need whether a short period or long ongoing journey.

Well done!

Don't know where to start so I'm just Hello.

Regards

Migrator

10 Replies 10

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Migrator, it's a pleasure to have you join us and a warm welcome.

It's not easy to post your first comment, unsure of what you want to say, but that's OK, the thread will develop, whether it's in a quick way or as others join in, just take your time, if you want to let us know why you decided to come to the site.

No need to tell us everything if you don't want to, a little bit will go a long way for us knowing what is concerning you.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Guest_025
Community Member

Thank you Geoff for your kind warm welcome to the BB online forums which I truly appreciate.

It's always nice to be welcomed wherever one goes but more so on the BB site where most us have similar issues + can relate to each other exceptionally well without any stigma. The BB site is one of Such where many can express themselves freely without being intimidated.

Yes, I'm very familiar with the BB forum's yet actually have never continued on for various reasons.

Actually you were one of many who encouraged me yet I wasn't completely ready to commit of opening up to people I've never yet met face to face. There was a measure of hesitation so I just closed the account.

In due course of time I will gradually open up as to why I've suffered prolonged ongoing depression/anxiety beyond my own control.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

Migrator

migratory I too wish to welcome you to the forum and well,done for making two posts.

You are right to take your time and when you are ready you will be able to explain more.

I just wanted to welcome you .

Quirky

Thank you too, Quirky for welcoming to BB.welcoming

Have a beautiful day.

With kind regards,

Migrator

Hi Migrator, it's always lovely to get a comment back from someone you have replied to, so thank you so much.

I totally understand what it's like to tell people who you haven't met or not even know the troubles that you are having to go through because you aren't sure of what sort of reaction you will get.

Being frightened is a part that only adds to our insecurity and this creates some type of depression as we're not sure how to approach the situation, so it's difficult to open up to someone.

Take the time you need, we know you are hurting in some way, and rushing into a situation probably won't help you, just know that when you are ready to tell us, we will be here for you.

Take care.

Geoff.

Guest_025
Community Member

Hi Geoff,

Thanks heaps for your insight on "matters" Sure am hurting real bad inside that no one ever sees. With mental + emotional issues, the majority of folk don't see yet those with physical ailments whether large or small virtually everyone sees thus getting support from every avenue. Those of of us who suffer emotional issues caused by others can have an huge impact on our health of how to keep functioning as best as can be. That's as much I'm disclosing to you, Geoff for the present. Know my boundaries as to how much..

I've decided to talk to you as reading many of your posts from times past, maturity in age has it's benefits (no offense)

Can relate to your experiences in life exceptionally well. As for those in the older sector, We suffer just as much as to the younger generation.No one is exempt yet we all can learn from each other regardless what our ages are. Younger ones are most welcomed to share as well.

With kind regards

Migrator

It comes + goes

Hello Migrator, my absolute apologies for not getting back to you and appreciate your kind words.

When we have these problems we learn of how to hide them better than when we were young, but there can always be a certain stage where we happen to break the screen we use to cover our problems, it may even be a single word that we never use that indicates something is wrong or the tone of our voice that people recognise isn't right.

There are so many other indicators which we have lost our concentration on keeping to ourselves, that slightly slip out, so keeping it to ourselves maybe easy, but hiding it from others isn't so easy.

Best wishes. Geoff.

Guest_838
Community Member

Hello Geoff

I'm back again. Thanks so much for last post which was rather interesting to read.

Irrespective who we are, gender, age we all can put on facade so others think I'm doing ok. There's just some of us who are real experts of hiding our true selves in front of others that it becomes 2nd nuture..

Do thoroughly agree with you that there comes a time that we no can longer hide behind that facade of a- happy -go- lucky - person.. yet each individual is different. I'm one those persons that still can hide behind that mask/facade.

In a way it has it's advantages, in other ways it's detrimental..

& I ain't as old as you perceive from my previous posts. Some folk think they're old at 40 whereas others never think of age...

Nows the time to let folk the "real" me which is so frightening.. I'm also in needing of support for a change instead of being everyone's confidant.. it can really draining to listen to other's negativity... Nows the time to let others know a the true me- a broken down person who suffers from severe anxiety depression disorders + who struggling just as much as they are.

Thank you + Also, To All Those Others Loyal Supporters on the BB Forums who encourage each other.

Thank you for listening to me.

Regards

Pearls

Hello Pearls

I am a bit confused here. Have you changed your name from Migrator to Pearls? It just helps to clarify matters.

I see you have started another thread called A String of Broken Pearls. May I suggest you stick with one thread please. If you have two threads going on the same subject you will find people answering one or the other and it's likely you will miss some of the responses. It's also confusing when we reply to one thread if there is further information on the other thread.

Yes we can all wear a mask. It does feel as though we are protecting ourselves from further hurt. On this forum no one will hurt you so try to tell us about yourself. I know it's scary to say much but try to tell us about your main worry or concern.

It is hard to have depression and anxiety. Are you receiving any treatment? Do you know much about depression? Beyondblue has lots of information which may help you. Look under The Facts tab at the top of the page and browse the information.

Mary