FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tired of the same cycle and needing to break it

Zero_self_esteem_1986
Community Member

Hi, I’m a 33yr old man and I struggle daily with self image problems.

I can’t stand to look at myself physically in the mirror and this leads on then to feeling anxiety and low self worth.

I have been to a psychologist and found this not very effective. I also tried hypnotherapy. This made me worse and very angry for about a week then it actually worked, for about 3-4 months.

Now I have relapsed and want to learn to love myself before I end up ruining my relationships.

Any help or opinions that can point me in the right, or at least some direction, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for having me.

1 Reply 1

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Zero self esteem

Welcome and I am so very sorry that you are finding it so very hard to manage to find some things that are good about yourself and to look in the mirror and not see a man or worth, that must be so painful and so frustrating and I am so sorry you are going through this. That is great to hear though that you did respond to the hypnotherapy and it was able to give you some feeling of hope and some feeling of worth, that is wonderful.

I hear what you are saying and that you are needing some help so as not to damage your current and future relationships and while that is great, I am more just wondering if you can think just about you for now and perhaps put you first, as this is where you will be able to give to others when you can love and see the worth in you. You said that you hadn't had much luck with the psychologist, I guess the thing with doctors is that they are people too and just as we are not friends or make connections with everyone in life we sometimes dont make the connections with the first therapist we see. Would you be open to perhaps trying to find another one and maybe you can get that connection with them that actually improves your therapy and makes your healing more successful.

It is so great that you have reached out here and come to get some support, we are here for you and to chat about whatever you like really, as much or as little as you want to share.

Hope to chat some more to you.

Hugs

AS