FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Social media

Clueso
Community Member

Hi,

Been a while since I have posted. Got all sorted since then until recently. Just recently went on a road trip with a group of friends. After a couple of days in I had a feeling something wasn't right. 2 weeks into a 3 week trip the group separated as we and another person had to head home early for personnel reasons. That's when the fb posts started from the remaining 4 cars. Reading the post and reading between the lines they where directed Amy family. Stupidly I posted a few sayings on my fb page which I have removed promptly and even apologised for. All posts mentioned no names, it was all open to interpretation. My have blocked all parties and have remained silent since. Until last when someone sent a rather hurtful comment on a fb messenger group naming my full name hence why I am sitting up at 1am posting as I can't sleep. I have vowed not to bite back and stay silent. But it has cut very deep. I have removed myself from the group. After some advice.

Rant over.

6 Replies 6

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Clueso, social media can certainly be a benefit for many people, other times it can definitely be a curse, people making comments that are far from the truth, so do you enter into a battle of what's actually happened compared to what these other people have said or do you block the comment and hope your friends know that it's not true.

If you engage may only make the situation worse because these people could be only wanting to discredit you, but your friends may be thinking the same as you and doubt what's been said and take no notice.

If those who want to criticise you on social media aren't worth trying to compete with, they will always want the last say so try and contact your friends and if need be, tell them of what happened, rather than gossip on social media.

If you need, try and stay away from reading any comments.

Take care.

Geoff.

Clueso
Community Member
We have tried to contact various people and they dont want to listen to our side of the story. There appears that a person has something against our family and has got into the remaining groups heads after parting ways during the trip.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Clueso, I'm really sorry, sometimes finding out who your real friends are is always a mystery but unfortunately, now you know, some of these people who you would always consider to be friends who would support you in every way possible have now shown their colours.

Some of us finally appreciate this happening, while others are deeply and sincerely devastated by their lack of understanding.

Block these people and if you feel inclined don't have anything to do with them anymore, I know that's not easy, but in the future, they may do exactly the same to upset you, they can't be relied on.

My best thoughts.

Geoff.

Clueso
Community Member
Thanks Geoff, exactly what we have done. Blocked everyone so they have no means, but still find away to get at us. I am settled now, small amount of hurt but it will fade as we move on. It just hard when it got personal rather than interpretation. I have removed fb from phone. One gate has shut and another will open soon.

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Clueso,

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. I hope you are feeling okay.

Social media can be a horrific thing sometimes. At least you now know who your true friends really are and can see your fake friends for who they are not for whom you want them to be.

Fake friends are not the worst trying that could happen to you, they in fact are a blessing. Fake friends help to teach you the value of the few good friends that you will have in your life.

Blocking is a really great way to get rid of them for the time being. Let's hope they don't come back.

I hope this helps.

Clueso
Community Member

Thanks Sophia