FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Single parent with 2 kids.....

VC2211
Community Member

Hi all,

I am currently under a financial crisis because I cannot possibly go to get a job, and it will continue for another 2 years at least.

I only have credit facility enough for my next 2 weeks of expense, and I already maxed out all my credit cards due to a long time small cash deficit each month (my income is not enough to cover my expense for a very long time)

I am a very basic spender with very minimal spending but cost of living with 2 kids is really a lot. I hope to get some advice from you all - how can I get some income, when I have to take my kids to school and pick them up everyday? I found it almost impossible to do any jobs even Ubering... 

I am very stressed now because time is running out, I am not sure what can I do when my last few bucks is gone by a week a so!

1 Reply 1

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear VC2211,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums.

I am so sorry that you’re struggling financially, caring for 2 children with the way the cost of living has exploded over the past few years it really is hard…

I volunteer with a well known charity and they help people with clothes, food, and with rent when they fall behind due to the cost of living…I don’t know the state you live in, in NSW people can also get help with .electricity, gas bills etc…if you have a charity op shop in your area, maybe you could pop in and have a chat to them about how hard your finding it financially right now….

Kind thoughts always,

Grandy..,