FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Rodlin1

Rodlin
Community Member
First time posting on this forum I have been struggling with health anxiety for about 3 years now after a short health scare but as like many others every time I have an ache or have to do test I think the worst which has affected my work and personal life I find it hard to concentrate because my mind is only thinking of one thing I lack motivation and find it hard to make future plans my family sort of understand because I know it's affecting them.
12 Replies 12

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Rodlin, sometimes we are unable to make decisions for the rest of the family and even if we try, doesn't mean they will accept what we've said, so they make other decisions in contrary to what we've suggested.

I hope your first appointment went well but realise that this session is to get to know each other and for you to have confidence this person will understand what you are saying to them.

If I can suggest that you write down the issues troubling you and/or any trigger points in point form, this just makes it easier for them to know straight away, rather than having to read a letter.

We all want to help you as well.

Geoff.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Sounds like things went well! There will probably be ups and downs and to use a metaphor I have used for myself... You will make it to the other side of the bridge in your own time.

6 weeks into treatment still plenty of ups and downs but still along way to go