FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

relationship and anxiety

tee_tee
Community Member
i tend to worry about things that are out of my control and I'm going through a rough patch at the moment with family. i feel like my thoughts have control over me and that they are affecting the way I fell towards my boyfriend. we have been together for over a year and I m having constant feelings of doubt and not loving him because I sometimes feel like I put more effort. i just want to feel like. i have control over my mind and feelings and I feel emotionally blocked and I just want thatbrain fog to clear and im unsure how to. i speak to my counsellor and parents and my boyfriend but still don't feel any better. if anyone has any tips of advice it would be greatly appreciated.
1 Reply 1

Amanda2000
Community Member

Hi tee tee,

Welcome to the forum.

You are not alone. I'm a worrywart too!

I try to tell myself that whatever happens in the future is out of my control. I won't worry about it now. Just let it be. I'll deal with the problem when I'm faced with it.

If that doesn't work then the waiting-game is my last resort. Just "ride it out" and wait for the bad feelings to pass. The rough moments will pass. Good things may be waiting for you in the future but you just can't see them yet.

I hope this can help you.