FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Really worried about my little dog

Jojo100
Community Member

Hi everyone I wasn’t sure which section to put this post so hope here is okay.

My little dog (Poppy) had an ultrasound today which has shown enlargement of her heart, a leaky valve and basically now has canine congestive heart failure. She has been put on two medications which hopefully will help her symptoms, but I’m really worried I’m going to lose her.

Does anyone else have a dog with similar symptoms and, if so, what has the outcome been?

Thank you Jojo

39 Replies 39

Jojo100
Community Member

Hi Hanna

Thanks for your thoughts. I certainly feel much better than I did a week ago when I got the diagnosis and Poppy definitely is on the mend. She is such a dear little dog and I love her to bits.

Will post again after her appointment on Monday.

Cheers Jojo 🐾

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jojo, isn't it lovely when our puppies does respond well to medication it takes an enormous load off our minds and definitely makes us so happy.

I'm so pleased for you.

Geoff.

Jojo100
Community Member

Yes Geoff I am really grateful for medications both for myself and for Poppy as it gives me so much hope for the future.

I’m feeling much happier now and positive that Poppy is going to be okay long term 😊

Cheers Jojo 🐾

Scapegoated
Community Member
I really feel for you. Dogs are Earth's angels. I love them so much. My dog died last year and i felt that all my organs had fallen out of my body. I am still not able to talk about it but I pet others' people's dogs I have not asked to get another dog because losing her was the most painful thing to me in my life since she loved me and was my real mother. I don't think I could go through that again. On th eother hand I am not okay without a dog. I treated her like gold though and gave her all the love she DESERVED. Dog is God. Maybe I could take the risk and get another dog but I don't want to compare her I feel like I will never have a mother like that again. But I just went to th ehospital because things have gotten so bad. I probably need another firend maybe it won't hurt if i get a male dog. My Dad loves dogs. My mother hates them-all sociopaths do. Big RED FLAG when someone worships cats pathologically and HATES dogs for no reason. I am not talking about people afraid of dogs i am talking about people who hate dogs for their loving goodness. When I had my dog i was joyful despite my mother being there. I had a True mother. I felt loved. I hope your dog heals soon. And I hope that you have wonderful times with poppy. I hope the medicine works and that he is healed. He is a beautiful little dog. I wish you the best and I am sorry that he is suffering and that you are hurting.

Hi Scapegoated

Thank you for your caring post. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and how devastated you are. I hope some day you will feel able to get another dog as I also believe they are earth’s angels and it sounds like you could do with a friend. Maybe you might consider getting a rescue dog as they are desperate for a good home and could do with a loving owner like you.

When I got Poppy I was very depressed and she literally saved my life which is why her middle name is Angel. She has brought me through many difficult times and I don’t know what I’d do without her. The medications appear to be working so I am very hopeful about the future.

I wish for you healing and peace.

With best wishes Jojo

Dear JoJo,

Give him a hug and belly rub for me<3 I am so glad he is doing better. I am sure your love for him will make him so happy.

Tanja

Puppy love is good for us all!

Dear Tanja

Thanks for the hug and belly rub for Poppy. I really appreciate that 😊

Take care Jojo

Jojo100
Community Member

Dear everyone

Poppy had her follow up with the vet today. It’s all good news! The vet didn’t need to do an X-ray. Both her lungs and heart sound much better now. Also I can stop one of the medications, but the other one she will need for life.

If everything goes well she doesn’t need to see the vet again for another month. After that she will have an appointment every 3 months and eventually will only need appointments every 6 months.

I feel really relieved she is doing so well. It’s such a weight off my mind.

Thanks to you all for your caring support xox 🤗

Jojo

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi. Jojo

That is great news about Poppy! I'm so pleased to hear she has improved so much after you were understandably so worried about her.

Dogs are wonderful!

Hugs and pats to Poppy! 😊💕🐕🐾