FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pushing Water Uphill - Getting Nowhere

Goose
Community Member

Hello All. I really don't know what to write to make an introduction if anything makes sense anymore. i suffer from severe depression/anxiety/ptsd along with a whole host of other disorders that comes with the package. Goose

8 Replies 8

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Goose, welcome to the site.

It's not easy to know where to begin because there may be so much happening you're not sure where to begin, perhaps you could start with whether you have been diagnosed by your doctor and then tell us about 'the other disorders' you are suffering from, so we know where to begin helping you, take your time and if you like write down these problems, but try and remember that one problem today may not be what is troubling you tomorrow.

Hope to hear back from you.

Geoff.

Goose
Community Member

Hello Geoff. "but try and remember that one problem today may not be what is troybling you tomorrow" Very well said and have applied it often.

Am currently being professionally treated for severe depression/anxiety/ptsd with medications for many many years. All medical appointments on telehealth.

Depression just intensified the last 18mths in lock down. 1st lockdown last year i managed exceptionally well whereas most in the public in general couldn't cope with all the upheavals in their lives. The 2nd lockdown, i was OK but not as resilient as i would've like to be yet still managed very well. Then the 3rd lockdown came along this year and some how i "crashed" in a downhill spiral and somehow never been able to get out of that hole.

Goose

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Goose, quite understandable, and although other people may feel exactly the same, it's you who have posted and along with feeling the way you do, may be it's also an annoyance that we are given some freedom, but it still doesn't allow us to be free, there are still some restrictions placed on us by governments who keep changing their mind, pretending as if they do.

If the rollout of the vaccines had been handled much better then we wouldn't be placed in this situation and that's what frustrates us, simply because we have to go into lockdown once again with the media scaring everybody about a vaccine that has side effects that could affect anyone.

With all of this happening it's blocking any recovery if you are suffering from depression, PTSD and anxiety, how are expected to address these issues when you don't have your freedom and being in lockdown.

I know how you are feeling and feel very sorry for being in this situation, hopefully, this will only be temporary, so please try and focus on what you're discussing with the help you are receiving, this is very important so you overcome these immense problems and hope you can get back to us.

Geoff.

Goose
Community Member

Hello Geoff. "so please try and focus on what you're discussing with the help you are receiving, this is very important so you overcome these immense problems"... That's what I'm planning do. It was in answering to your questions, i was just letting you know what's was happening with my spiraling down in that hole whilst these lockdowns are necessary without going into the politics of it all yet appreciate your reply. I'm can't seem to get my head around things whilst stuck and being stagnant in this hole. No, I'm not focusing on all the doom and gloom happening around. Was just was wondering why I've almost stopped functioning and how to get out of it. If i didn't have a problem in this area, i wouldn't on this site. I just went downhill so quickly. Everyone has their own probs with these unforeseen times, that the majority of people no longer really wants to listen to a person who suffers intensely from an invisible yet real illness. Goose

Goose
Community Member
Just saying a friendly "hello" to All. With kind regards Goose

Auton
Community Member

Hey Goose, I'm new around here and just catching up on some threads.

Just thought I'd ask you how you were today?

Are you in Syd in lockdown? I know its tough, I'm in Melbs, so we've have a few too. Not fun if you're on your own (luckily i wasn't)

Let me know mate.

Scapegoated
Community Member
Hi Goose, that is a really cute name-that was my dog's name 🙂 I suffer ptsd form Narcissistic child abuse and anxiety too. I take an antidepressant to sleep. I am up though now most nights because i am not getting enough exercise but i think I am going to do an online yoga certification so it will help not only with exercise but with relaxing and my anxiety. Maybe you can do that too. I gave my dad a pretty big scare so I am sure he is going to pay for it. He freaked out that I ended up in the hospital. I feel pretty hopeless during this covid hysteria and having to be locked in with a narcissist.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Goose,

Sounds like you have a lot happening right now and have been struggling. It is really tough when our mental health issues seem to take over, our minds are tired and we don't know how to proceed.

Just wanting to say Hi and wondering if you are still here? Would you like to share more about how you are feeling and coping or not coping? It is okay to not be okay and to not feel like you are in control.

I find it helpful to write out all the stuff that is in my head until I run out of things to write. I then try to write down 3 things I am thankful for.

Having a list of things to do for the day is beneficial to me. I sometimes just look at the list and don't do anything on it and that is okay too for me. At least I have written the list and thought about opportunities and tasks I could do.

Mental health is tough. Living with Covid is tough. Not a good combination. Hope you find some ways to get through each day. Regards from Dools