FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

present / absent

LOL2
Community Member

Hello BB

My first post, joined just moments ago. I've joined as I find myself increasingly drifting into isolation: alone in my ongoing unemployment, alone within my family + friends who say "oh, things'll turn around", isolated in my industry / community which I've inhabited passionately for most of my adult life. I seem to have become invisible. I saw a therapist for a few sessions some time ago and in response to a question I replied, "I wonder who'll come to my funeral". Not quite sure where to turn, where to place myself, how to fill in empty days... nor am I sure even where this forum may take me, but, well, am open for the trip!

Thx!

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi and welcome to beyond blue.

It is a big step to recognise a problem and then looking for some sort of resolution.

You have mentioned a few issues in your post - isolation, alone, invisible, etc.

To you, if you did have a job, would that stop the other feelings you have?
Or I guess I am asking what issue is most important to you?

I am interested in hearing more of your story and then perhaps together you might find some way forward.

Tim

Hi LOL2

I'm here also. Will wait for your teply to Tim's questions as I find this interesting

I'd like also to know what hobbirs/sports you've had in the past

Take care

TonyWK