FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Oppurtunity to join a Research Project!

Sophie_M

Hi everyone,

Beyond Blue are joining forces with researchers from Swinburne University, the University of Tasmania and James Cook University who are keen to learn about your experiences using the online forums.

So, who can take part?

They are looking for people to take part in a research interview who are over 18 years old, live in rural or remote areas, so places outside of the major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, and all other major cities.

By taking part, you’ll be helping us to get a better understanding of how the online forums work for people in rural areas.

What’s involved?

The university researchers would like to chat for about 40 minutes by a phone call or Zoom call, whichever you prefer!

Once you’ve spoken to them, you will also receive a Giftpay e-voucher of $50 as a thank you for your time.

All responses will be confidential and they won’t use your real name when reporting their findings.

If you’re keen to help out and share your experience using the online forums, click HERE

Then, they’ll work with you to set up a convenient date and time for a conversation.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

ruralite
Community Member
Would like to take part in this study ,well and truly fit the bill ,but couldnt cope with a 20min phone call and cant do the other thing. Am a senior. Is there another way of having an interview. Regards Ruralite

They are really just asking questions about how you use the forums and how they make you feel. If that's a but traumatic for you, I think that's fine, and OK for you to look after yourself.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Sophie_M,

Just bumping this up - I didn't see this Thread earlier. How long will they be accepting participants?

Can you provide further contact details for these researchers?

I'd like to take part, but I live metro Brisbane.

I'd be interested in the results, whenever they are available.

Kind regards, 😸

mmMekitty