FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Ongoing Issues at Work

Blue_Bagger
Community Member
Hi all, I suffer from depression and anxiety. I was suspended from work for 8 months because of allegations of misconduct, they was no truth in the allegations, and as such the investigation into all allegations was unsubstantiated. I work for the government and was not returned to my ongoing role, because “it’s easier to move me than the people that don’t like you”. I have since been placed on short term non ongoing roles in another department. I still hold my ongoing role but there is a restructure happening anyway long story short, I’m really anxious about my future. I went to my doctor as I am having dreams about my old workplace all the time. The doctor told me he thought I had PTSD. I have not been sleeping and drinking everyday. I feel like my life is getting out of control. I went back to the doctor and told him I wanted to put in a workcover claim, he told me it was too hard for him? So I went back to work but I just feel numb when I am there. So I have an appointment with another doctor this afternoon. Has anyone else been through a similar situation? Cheers Blue Bagger
1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Yes, I've been in a workplace traumatic situation that had consequences. I fully understand how difficult it can be.

You've done quite well surviving the changes. The alternative of Workcover is a last resort, I'm very knowledgeable in that field both as a claimant and employee. The system is far worse than working in a toxic workplace.

I would take evasive measures in this period mainly to repair yourself at all costs eg holidays, work without pay, sick leave- whatever you can muster.

I have written a thread on surviving the workplace. Use google-

beyondblue Topic fortress of survival (workplace)

Beyondblue Topic anxiety, how I eliminated it

Beyondblue Topic they just wont understand, why?

I hope they help. Repost anytime

TonyWK