FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

numbness & out of body

Stacmeow
Community Member

Who else feels like brain & body are disconnected?
like you are a watching from inside, in control of your actions & moments yet like it’s a play or something?
the slowness, weakness & numbness is all consuming.

I am trying my ‘get out of this rut’ techniques.
getting outside in the world. Being kind to myself, doing nice things to feel good.....but it’s not working

2 Replies 2

Lissy_75
Community Member
I also understand being consumed. I feel like a robot doing only what is necessary. I wish I could offer you some sensible advice but atm all I can offer is a caring listening ear.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Stacmeow~

I do not know if we are talking about the same things but the have been times when totally divorced from my body, and to a lesser extent my mind. I've not had an understanding of myself, my capabilities, emotions or the reasons for my actions. As an example I've watched myself get very angry and not known why.

The has been like looking at myself as an observer from the other side of a pane of glass.

These episodes have been a symptom of depression, anxiety and PTSD, and have totally gone away nowadays. They became less frequent as I improved. Improvement was not done by me, I played a part, but so did my medical team as well as my partner. Therapy, medication and the removal of the main stressor, together with time, made the difference.

Does this sound anything like you were referring to?

Croix