FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Newby

ChrisCou
Community Member
I am new member here but keen to be involved in helping out. I am a 'mature age' person with lots of 'life skills' and experiences. While I have some tertiary training in mental health (Counselling), I want to put that to one side and respond at a grassroots level.
4 Replies 4

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi and welcome to the forums. It will be good to see your around the forums.

What are your experiences? And what got you interested in mental health?

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Chris~

I'm pleased to welcome you here to the Support Forum and hope you find satisfaction in helping others and of course hope you find facts and techniques that are of assistance to you personally too.

Having lived a long life with plenty of 'life experience' as you put it you will not doubt have been deeply affected by parts of it and how you coped could be of benefit to others and allow you understanding.

Best wishes

Croix

missep123
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ChrisCou,

A very warm welcome to you!

I think that's wonderful and your support on the forums will be very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello ChrisCou, welcome to the site.

I'm sure you have many life experiences and life skills which we hope you are able to utilise on any thread you can relate to, and it's always terrific to have new people join us on the forum with different journies they have had to encounter.

Replying at a grassroots level is a great way to begin and look forward to seeing you around.

Best wishes.

Geoff.