FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to the On Line Forum

Space_Penguin
Community Member

Hello. I am new to this on line forum thing. I don't know how to do it. I don't know what to do, and that causes more anxiety. So if someone can help me learn the way around it, I would appreciate it.  

8 Replies 8

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi space penguin,

love that name. 

ok, go to the top of the home page. You will see there are three choices, the first one, new posts and my posts.  Choose the first one.

Scroll down to the field you want eg Depression and anxiety. Click on that. Then near the top on the right hand side is "new thread". Click on that and type your concerns and worries. Dont forget the subject.

After that you can click on "my posts" and get the results of that thread.

Good luck and hop to hear from you soon.

Tony WK

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi Space Penguin

Welcome to Beyond Blue and I’m pleased that you’ve been able to come here to find out about how it all works – and great to see Tony chiming in with an excellent reply for you.

Once you’ve found the spot that says:  Connect with Others;  then choose the option of Forums.  From there you’ll see a whole lot of different forums that you can see:   as you look down, you’ll see the top one being Coping With Christmas, then Depression, then Anxiety and so on.   If you click onto any of these headings, it’ll take you into where many people have already posted their own threads;  you can see a subject heading against each one;  and a number representing the number of replies that each thread has received.  You might even find a heading of a thread that might sound similar to what you are (or have been) experiencing – so by all means, click into it and check it out.

But as Tony suggested, if you are able to start your own thread and give out some detail about the issues that you’re facing, you’ll find that you’ll get a good number of responses;  giving out advice, care, guidance, but above all else, we support everyone who comes to Beyond Blue.  We who post, are all fellow sufferers and so we understand this illness and this site is also completely anonymous.

One last thing to say:  no question is ever too silly.  So if you’ve got things you’d like to ask, please do so.

Neil

God I hope I'm doing this right. I am trying to respond to White Knight. Thank you for your response.  It might take me a while to get around this. I'm quite computer savvy but some of the technical processes and things like on line forums I find difficult. One of the things that causes anxiety for me is frustration with the internet. If something says 'push this and this will happen', it rarely does for me. I usually end up in a state of overwhelming stress, and then I can't concentrate, I get palpitations and the tears come.  It drives my husband crazy.  I don't know why I find this difficult, I just do.  But I do think I need someone to talk to. I've had some exhaustively emotional experiences over the past 12 months and I'm not coping at all. I have no one to talk to - my best friend was the cause of most of it - and all my friends know her, so I can't talk to anyone at all about it.  I feel very alone.  

Thanks Neil, for your comments too.  

Hi there SP

I reckon you're doing great - you've already chalked up 4 posts, so you seem to be getting the knack for it.

I would love to comment back to you;   but being on the Community Board section, you may not get as many people following your thread, as if you perhaps put it, say on the Anxiety forum.

But it's great that you've come here;  and you've created your first thread.  If you're ok to do so by going to the Anxiety forum and just starting something there. 

Kind regards

Neil

ps:  you've come to the right place - you're in amongst MANY like-minded people here.

dear Space Penguin, welcome to the site and thanks for posting your comment, which was at first hard to work out what to do, so I hope that you have got the hang of it.

From your post it seems as though there is a great deal that is troubling you, and it appears as though you are not able to talk to your husband, but on this site we have all been through the wringer not once and probably not twice but many times so we know what it feels like to suffer from any type of depression, so please we hope that you can get back to us and look forward to it. L Geoff. x

Somany
Community Member

Hi

I has been a great feeling having in a forum to share your views .

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thankyou Somany and space penguin

Yes Space Penguin you have got the hang of it. The more you do this the easier it will be and the more often we will get replies from you. This will be easy soon and help for you is just a matter of typing your issues and waiting for replies.

Great to have you here. We are here as a community that like to reach out.

Tony  WK