FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to here

LanLan123
Community Member

Hi Everybody!

This is my first post. I've never reached out to any support group, but now I feel that my mind is deteriorating. I mean everyday it feels as if things are just getting more difficult. I feel so alone and tired, with no end in sight.

Thanks for listening. I'm sorry it's a short message, I'm not usually one to complain.

Thank you.

10 Replies 10

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello and welcome to beyond blue.

A short message is as good as any. Over time we may get to know more of your story. And any post here is not complaining - it is a reflection on where things may be at in your life. Or you can vent. I find it is better to talk about things, to let things out than being silent. So this is a supportive and non-judgemental space. Perhaps when you are ready you might tell a little of your story about what has made you tired and feeling alone. Listening to you.

Thank you for being so kind.I appreciate it, you taking the time to respond. Thank you for listening.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LanLan123,

Sorry you are feeling this way…….

Please tell us more when you are ready….

Sorry you feel alone, please know you aren't alone, we are all here on this forum to listen to you and try to help you in any way that we can…

I understand when we feel our minds are deteriorating and not really sure what’s wrong with us……… I have experienced a mental health condition……… OCD.. obsessive compulsive disorder.. it’s an anxiety disorder, I have now recovered from this condition thanks to the help of health professionals…..

When I first started to experience this disorder I was unsure what was wrong with me I felt like I was going crazy it was horrible……..this condition made me feel exhausted….

I went to my gp and explained my symptoms my gp told me I had anxiety… after doing a mental health plan together I was able to see a clinical phycologist and a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with OCD…. I then did a 8 week therapy were I learned to master my OCD…….

Here to chat to you 😊

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello LanLan, it doesn't matter whether it's a short message, you have been able to come to a site where you don't know anyone and told us how you are feeling, that's exactly what these forums are for, so a warm welcome.

Mental illness makes us so confused, we lose our strength to move forward, to achieve what we could once do and changes our ability to do a simple task, we can't make any decisions because we don't particularly care and have no interest in what happens, all we want to do is sleep.

We want to assure you that we know how you are feeling and are eager to talk to you whenever you are available, but please take your time.

Take care.

Geoff.

Hi Petal,

Thank you for reaching out. Its really brave that you are able to be so honest with yourself and others. I admire it. I definitely can learn a thing or two from you.

Thank you for being able to speak about your life experiences. I wish you all the best.

LanLan123
Community Member

Hi Geoff,

I hope you are well. Sleep sometimes feels like the best thing, I know that I'm not the most severe case because I can get up. But I think because of the experiences that I encountered as a child paired with this unthinkable lockdown, I feel that I'm at breaking point.

It was only a matter of time before it is beginning to effect me. Hopefully, this lockdown finishes so I can suppress these feelings haha. I know the reality is that we should take about what's troubling us, but I've coped for so long without it. I think maybe I should just keep doing what I am doing.

Thank you for reaching out, thank you for being so kind. I really appreciate it. I wish you all the best.

Lonely1006
Community Member
Hi Geoff I am also new, I read your message and this is exactly how I feel. I’ve tried to reach out to my family and they just ignore me or tell me to get over it. I can be highly functioning one week and then the next I struggle to get out of bed. I’m in the dark place currently. I feel like I’m failing when I reach out and it’s even worse when you get shut down by people are are meant to care about you.
Obviously they don’t.
I am so sick of this blackness

Banksy92
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LanLan123,

Very sorry to hear how you are struggling, it's not easy to reach out when we feel this low. But I'm glad you did.

If you aren't ready to share your story here, or with another person in your life, can I suggest you try using a journal? Getting our thoughts out of our heads and onto the page can be a really helpful way to cope when we don't feel our best. I find it really soothing in times of high stress or depression.

Even if I really don't want to do it, I force myself to keep writing words until everything pours out of me. Then I can close the book and put it away.

Just a thought.

Thinking of you and sending my best.

Hi lanlan123 just wanted to say welcome to the forums and if you ever need to chat I’m here for you ok.