FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to BB forum.

Helen91
Community Member

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum world, not really sure how to work this but I’m sure I’ll pick it up along the way!

I’ve come to the BB forum because I cannot get into a psychologist at the moment, a friend recommended I check this out to see if it could help me.

I hope I can get some advice to help me feel less lonely and empty also some tips on how to work through my low self esteem and social anxiety, I am really interested to read about some of your experiences. I also hope I can help people in return 🙂

8 Replies 8

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Your friend is right, this forum is a safe place open 24/7/365 so when ever you feel down and want to post you'll be anonymous and open your mind.

Low self esteem, all anxieties, depression which can also come along are long term illnesses that need long term treatment. A forum can be in the mix of that treatment but not substitute it.

The search function at the top is very efficient so type in a topic like low self esteems and you are on your way or repost here or start another thread specific to your questions that will get more response.

So, Google this

Beyondblue topic the best praise you'll ever get or in the search- the best praise you'll ever get

All the best

TonyWK

Hi Helen91, I was drawn to your post because coincidentally I joined yesterday and I am feeling very isolated right now. I also can't get into see my psychologist yet. I want to tell you I am happy to keep in touch with you through this forum if you like.

Hi Helen hope you are having a better day than yesterday

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Helen91

Welcome and it is so wonderful that you have reached out and come to chat. I am sure you will find that you will make lots of friends here that can support you and provide you with some comfort and also help you to explore ways to see how wonderful you are.

You are so very right in what you said when you mentioned helping other people, it will make you feel so very alive and so very good. It is one thing to read about people's lives and their horrific daily experiences that cause sadness and pain, but then you see them reaching out to people in other threads and being a wealth of support, love and hope.

Jump on and chat anytime there is always someone here who will talk about anything you like really. I hope that you can find some ways to help with your anxiety and people may be able to give you some tips and tricks to also encourage you to overcome your low self esteem.

Welcome Helen91 and I look forward to chatting to you.

AS

Welcome to you too Wendy 🙂 thank you for your offer to keep in touch, I would like that very much. We all need someone to talk to and if there are people out there going through similar experiences we can work through them together.
I am sorry you’re feeling isolated, it is a crappy feeling. What are some things you like to do to keep your mind busy? For me, I really enjoy watching a funny show or movie, listen to upbeat songs, draw pictures, listen to an audiobook, take my dog for a walk etc..

Thank you for your reply Tony.

I will definitely take some time to have a look around and find some threads that might relate to my situation.

It is very comforting to know people are experiencing similar feelings and I have already found some information that may help me along the way 🙂

Take care!

Helen91
Community Member

Hi Joelene,

Had a much better day today, kept myself busy with work and saw my family which always puts a smile on my face.

How are you doing?

Helen91
Community Member

Thank you for the reply Aaron 🙂

I am looking forward to meeting and learning from new people as well as exploring the forum for new/interesting/helpful info that can assist me and also my friends, family and students.

We can all get through this together 🙂