FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to all this but seeking help

Rach76
Community Member
Hi all I’m a mother of 3 wife and in my 40 s I am a career for my husband and I work partime as a cleaner I have bi polar 2 and been diagnosed about 6 hrs ago but had it all my life miss diagnosis of depression instead . So am on meds and struggling to overcome this depression attempt on my life 2 mths ago and I’m still waiting to see a new dr as I do not like my old phychaitrist. I am struggling everyday with no support as my husband doesn’t know how to help me . I am in bed most days and don’t even want to get up I really am so down and don’t see a light it’s just so hard to explain to another person who has never been in my shoes what it feels like . It’s the most horrible thing to have this disorder.
5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Dear Rach76,
We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear everything you have going on at the moment. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming and exhausting. We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it. 

amberlite
Community Member
Hello Rach76, if you locate the 'staying well' Board, one thread there is called 'Bipolar life'. People with bipolar post there and they know bipolar stuff. Some of the bipolar life people are parents like you. I understand this is a difficult time for you but for greater understanding and help for you and your family, go to 'bipolar life' thread. bye

mocha delight
Community Member
Hi rach76 first I want to say welcome to the forums and second I may not be diagnosed with anything yet nor have bipolar which my psychologist has unofficially ruled out bipolar but she s casually mentioned to me that I have depression (clinical depression), social anxiety and general anxiety. But I also can relate to you in the way that pre antidepressants I did not see the light at the end of the tunnel (which I don’t feel that anymore) which I started the antidepressants a wee after covid 19 was first mentioned and it’s coming up to a year of seeing my psychologist on the 17th of September this year but no official diagnosis yet.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Rach76,

Wellcome to our forums!

So sorry you were miss diagnosed for depression and not bipolar 2 …. Now you are on meds hopefully things will start to improve for you…..

Sorry to hear of your depression attempt on your life ……. It must be so difficult for you………. You will begin to feel better soon just try to stay positive…

I understand the darkness I’ve been there….. it really isn’t a very nice place to be it’s horrible! I felt like I was living in an internal hell….I suffered with severe anxiety OCD… I’ve now recovered from the condition thanks to the help of health professional…… I understand we have different conditions but if I can recover there is HOPE that you can aswell…… I’d always tell myself when I was in the depths of OCD……. I’m going to recover from this condition it’s temporary…… day by day step by step….. I recovered……… it took a lot of hard work and perseverance…….

I really believe in the power of positivity it can transform your mind….. unbelievable….

Even if you can’t see the light yet….. always have the belief within yourself that you WILL see the light…… sometimes we need to realise we are the light…… it’s within us ❤️

im here to chat to you 😊

Rach76
Community Member
Thankyou