FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New member, Hi there! Feeling overwhelmed.

NadiaZ
Community Member
First time here and glad I found a platform to talk things out so thanks to all in advance.
the last year has been pretty hectic as for so many, Last year I was Managing a large group of staff 70+ generally in a fast paced and demanding environment but through COVID in Vic was something else it really took its toll it was emotionally and mentally exhausting the level of emotional support the team required and company expectation not to mention the unreasonable and horrible customers was nothing I ever experienced and it was relentless. In October I was fortunate enough to get a new job in the same company but in a position I was always interested in but wasn’t a possibility but luck would have it a position became available and comes with less stress, slower paced and all the perks. This new role has ALOT of autonomy and my manager and co workers are in Different states and I have been working from home it has honestly been horrible I can’t seem to adjust to having so much autonomy and not having the strict structure and crazy pace that drives your day that I’m used to. The biggest struggle being at home all the time this will change in April, I have no motivation to leave the house going to the supermarket will guarantee a panic attack and I find myself sadly finding excuses to cancel plans to stay home. I have become worryingly self conscious and feel generally down, tired all the time and everything feels like a mountainous an effort. Leaving the house to just visit a friend or see family will have me in a state that results me being in a frustrated annoyed manner, not so fun.
My Husband is extremely supportive but struggles with how to help me as it’s not something he can fix for me and tends to get down as he can’t understand why I feel the way I do. we have so much positive going on but I struggle to be my usual upbeat and generally positive self and I’m just so sensitive and overly emotional majority of the time. I feel truely depleted and every day is fight to get out of bed and not to mention the internal fight that I feel I’m being ridiculous and I need to get together already!
3 Replies 3

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi NadiaZ and welcome to the BB forums and you will find this a very safe caring environment.The corona virus has caused so much stress in our lives when we never had it before.I stopped going to the supermarkets last year and get my groceries home delivered and most things I am ordering online and getting delivered.I don't like going out or into shops these days.It really can be a push to do things.Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling and what suggestions they might have for you? I have a great GP and try and tell her everything that's going on.Juzt talking to someone who understand can really help
Take care,
Mark.

NadiaZ
Community Member
Thank you for your message. No, unfortunately we moved out here almost 2 years ago and my GP is over an hour and half away so I havnt spoken to her about this recently. we are moving into our new home in March so I will be closer then and will definitely book to see her. I think your right In that Speaking to someone who understands would be a great help.
Thank you 🙂

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi NadiaZ I hope you can get to see your GP soon.I hope just opening up on here can be of help to you.Other people are going through what you are experiencing and you are not alone.
Take care,
Mark.