FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New here

Badluckgirl1
Community Member

Hi i would like to say im very nervous and vague of how much i am meant to put in detail. ... i posted for help as i feel my family is falling apart. ... i read a few posts beforehand and i must say the support looked amazing.

However im not sure what i expected but the reply i got wasnt what i was expecting. Now im not sure what or why im even posting on here because I feel more alone than i did before which i didn't think would have been possible.

I guess now im asking if you cant help... who can... feeling totally worthless. Lost. Angry.sad disappointed.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
hello Badluckgirl, please don't be nervous, we don't want that to happen although I do know that you maybe a bit precarious in wanting to say exactly what is troubling you, but just take it slowly, not everything that concerns you needs to be discussed straight away, because as you become a little more confident in knowing that you can trust us then you can open up.
When you do post a comment sometimes a person who has also been through something similar may not be online, that's nobody's fault but just unfortunate.
This must have happened in the 4 posts before this one, but I ask you if you can now post once again and if you like tell us what may have happened with your family, it would be great to hear back from you. Geoff. x

Lost_Girl
Community Member

Hi Badluckgirl,

I went and found your other post and had a read. I am very sorry to hear of the situation with your adult son both in him not allowing you to be there for him and also with his drug use. I am also very sorry for the loss of your husband.

I can see that Fairy Wings/Venessa gave you the name of a group to contact that might be able to assist with your son. Did that help at all?

Of course that doesn't help with how you are feeling right now. As well as you not being able to support your son, it sounds like you are not getting the support you need either.

I can't help much with your son as my kids are 11, 6 and 4 and I have no experience with that. However I have lost people close to me and have been through a lot of tough times including chronic pain and depression that I have now. I am here as someone to talk to and help as much as I can.

Have you been to see your GP? My GP has been an amazing support to me and may be able to help or refer you to a counselor to assist. Your GP is a good starting point.

In the meantime keep posting here. You are not alone. Perhaps you can tell me a bit more about how you are feeling about the situation and how it is impacting you? Are you sleeping ok?

I hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry things are so tough right now. Keep talking, share some more details if you are happy to and we'll see how we can help.

Kind thoughts,

Carol

Hi Badluckgirl,

I know you were referred to Headspace on your other thread. I thought this might help:

There is an organisation called "Family Drug Support Australia" Support Line: 1300 368 186. Their website shows face to face support groups. Perhaps they can assist you too.

Kind thoughts,

Carol

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Badluckgirl1, welcome to the forums. I can see you've had a number of replies on your other thread. This is a peer support space, we are not mental health professionals. The community here will respond from a place of caring, but using their own life experiences. Sometimes this may help, sometimes it may be not what you want to hear at this point in time.

You can always get in touch with our support service at any time if you'd like to speak with a mental health professional - 1300 22 46 36.

To keep your story all in one place, we're going to close this thread off - any other members reading who would like to provide Badluckgirl1 with further support, please go to the original thread here:

My family is falling apart

Badluckgirl1, it's great that you took time to read through the other threads first to see what kinds of support we're able to provide here on the forums. Below are a couple of other threads you might find useful in terms of how to get the best out of being part of our community:

3 tips for getting the most out of the forums

Forums etiquette: give support to receive support