FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New here

Mandalee85
Community Member

So recently over the last 12- 18 months I have had feelings of being overwhelmed, stressed and have lost motivation and passion for my job and studies, sometimes out of nowhere I start to cry and don’t no why if I think about it and try to reasons why I’m crying it makes me more upset . I recently stopped my studies because of these emotions and feelings and have made the decision to step away from my chosen career. This year has been hard on everyone with what’s been going on, on top of that I’ve had a parent been diagnose with Alzheimers, 2 beloved pets passed away from bone cancer. Haven’t been diagnosed with anxiety or depression and am not sure of what to do or who to talk to

3 Replies 3

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello there and welcome to the beyond blue forums. In this post I want you to know that what you are going through sounds like a really sucky situation!

When things went bad for me a few years ago I took time off from study to get my life on track. Since then, like you my dad has been diagnosed with the same as your parent. He also has Parkinson's. He has a medical team helping. And he has exercises to do. Keeping active is also helpful. It can also be hard on mum. He has medication for both.

It does sound like it is a stressful time for you so maybe chatting with your GP would be a good place to start? If you decide to do this make sure it is a long appointment.

Listening to you

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Mandalee85,

Well come to our forums!

Sorry you are feeling this way, I’m sorry things have become overwhelming… it must be difficult for you………

So sorry to hear of your Parents Alzheimer’s it must be so difficult to see your parent go through this…..

and the loss of your pets….

Have you thought about seeing your gp so you can discuss how you are feeling?

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Mandalee, can we offer you a warm welcome to the forums.

I'm sure the last 12-18 months must have not only been very traumatic and indeed upsetting for you with a parent been diagnose with Alzheimer's, but the loss of your two beloved pets, making your position impossible to continue your studies and your job and neither of these is any fault of yours, so please never blame yourself, and very sorry because you're not well and don't have the strength at the moment to continue any of these, but please remember you can continue on with these as soon as you get the help you need.

Most of us understand why you need to cry and it could well be that depression and anxiety are what you are struggling with and sometimes it just gradually creeps up on us, affecting everything we do in life.

Can I ask you, and very sorry too, but I just hope you have an understandable doctor, someone you can begin talking with, who can then direct you in the right direction.

We'd love to hear back from you whenever it's possible, all we want to do is help you because we already understand what you've told us.

My best.

Geoff.