FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New Here!

EC123
Community Member
Hi there, not sure if I’m posting in the right place, but here to hear stories from people who are experiencing similar challenges I guess! Lockdown has been super hard, struggling with severe anxiety and loss of motivation to do daily activities. Hoping this is a start to positive changes.
7 Replies 7

Sophie_M
Hi EC123,  Thank you for sharing this. Anxiety and lack of motivation sounds incredibly hard to deal with, especially in lockdown. We're sorry to hear you're struggling, and we want you to know that we're here for you. We hope you can find some comfort on the forums, hopefully some of the lovely members of this community will be along soon, many of whom will be able to relate to what you're going through.   Are you currently receiving any support with this? Please know that you can always call Beyond Blue at any moment you need help, on 1300 22 4636. Our counsellors are also available on webchat or email, for those moments when it's hard to pick up the phone, and you'd rather speak to someone online.  We are really grateful that you shared this here, and we agree, it can be the first step in a journey towards feeling better. It can be really tough to reach out but you never know who will read your post and feel less alone in their own experience. Please do share more with us here on how you're feeling and what might help, if you feel up to it.   Kind regards,  Sophie M 

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Well you are not alone in these feelings as the lockdowns and other restrictions has had a major impact on many, but that isnt entirely helpful.

In time things will get better, in the meantime some strategies you can put in place that will help, some immediately and others over time.

It's easier to click on the following link and read just the first post.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/anxiety/anxiety-how-l-eliminated-it

Some remedies to anxiety is easy, simply change your environment eg walk around the block, through a park, stop to chat keeping social distancing measures in place. Buy a pet. Take up a hobby or do a jigsaw. Moving your attention towards these things works wonders.

Thanks for joining

TonyWK

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

EC 123

So glad you have made your fist post and started this thread. Welcome.

This is a friendly place full of supportive people.

I try to break down tasks and not put pressure on my self. I get my clothes out the night before so it is one less think to do in morning.

instead of worrying about a sink full of dirty dishes etc I will do the glasses first then have a break.

I find doing a small task or part of one is better than nothing.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello EC, the lockdown we're having, does make us feel isolated and unmotivated because we aren't sure what's going to happen in the next few days or even the weeks ahead because somehow all of a sudden this COVID begins to dominate our state again, so freedom is withheld and again we're put into lockdown.

This gives us time to do some research on mental illness, something we might be struggling with, so if you have any inclination, try and read what posts interest you, that way we can learn from what others are suffering from and if they have been able to overcome this illness.

Geoff.

Hi White Knight,

Thank you very much! Sometimes I feel like I need to be reminded of such simple things that can help so much in day to day life. I will take a look at the link.

Thank you again 🙂

Hi quirkywords,

I think that’s really helpful. I often get super overwhelmed when I look at everything I have to do. Being realistic and setting realistic goals is something I definitely need to focus on.

Thank you!

EC123
Community Member

Hi geoff,

Thank you for replying! I agree, definitely a good time to reflect and build upon our mental health. I hope one day I can look back on these feelings and this tough time and it all won’t be so scary as i would have learned how to overcome anxious feelings and tendencies.