FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New girl, hello!

daisy211
Community Member

Hi everyone

I'm an international student and been here for 2 years now however I still struggle to make new connections. I am a socially anxious person and often times feel very lonely so I hope I get to meet and connect with others who are in the same boat and make the days seem less isolated. I do struggle with making friends as an adult. I spend most of my days browsing the web and reading books and my hobbies include playing the guitar, drawing, and petting cats.

3 Replies 3

sisu100
Community Member

Hi daisy211!

Welcome to our friendly online community, it's so great to have you here with us on the forums! I hope you find the forums to be a safe and supportive space to meet and connect with others and make some new friends 🙂

You're not alone, I can definitely relate with trying to make new connections with others as an adult- even though I've lived here all my life. It sounds like you've got some really fun hobbies! I've always wanted to learn to play guitar, have you been playing long? Wish I could spend most of my days petting cats! Have you got any as pets?

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums 🙂

Ninox
Community Member

Hi Daisy, I'm also new here. When I was at uni I found it hard to meet people with similar interests, so I started volunteering for things which were important to me like animal welfare and environmental preservation organisations. I made some friends and it gave me something to feel good about myself since I was giving my time to help out. Mostly they understood when I told them I had anxiety and that meant I couldn't always turn up when I said I would. It helped me to have more structure than what studying provided by having times I was committed to going in to volunteer and there were always people who were happy to see me when I showed up. It made a difference!

mocha delight
Community Member
Hi daisy211 welcome to the forums