FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need a friend

emxx
Community Member
Hi everyone, I’m Emily. Just joined beyond blue. suffer from anxiety and depression. Going through a tough time and feeling alone, needing a friend, one who won’t judge and will listen.
11 Replies 11

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi again, emily,

I wonder, would it help if you could tell us a little more about yourself? What are your days like? How do you spend your time?

I can tell you, I live alone. I had some moments during the storm this evening, even when I twice noted the lightning was very bright and seemed close, the thunder, on both occasions made me jump, feeling like I had been a little bit electrocuted. I hate that feeling.

I used to love thunderstorms. Now, the more severe they are, the more nervous, and jumpy I get. I occasionally want to hide in my little storeroom room. Or curl up in my bed with nothing touching the floor - as if???

I've been down lately, so it is harder for me to reach out, either to ask for support or to give support to others. I find I benefit when I do, though; it's the first step that is the hardest. And you have already taken the first step.

Just a thought; are there any questions you would like to ask us first?

mmMekitty

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Emxx, it's been a few days since you posted but really hope you know you have many friends here who you can talk to, so if you're able please get back to us.

Geoff.