FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My Life Story

Cgawde
Community Member

I made a very stupid mistake almost 2 years ago, it was around when COVID-19 was a big deal and I took it lightly. Not only did it put myself at risk but the people around me. I was feeling unwell with covid like symptoms on the job, things were getting worse & worse as days gone by. My workmates were getting worried looking at me and gave me a lot of pressure that I had strong symptoms of COVID-19. I waited until I had basically all symptoms of covid-19 before rushing to the medical center to undergo a PCR Test.

That day, from rushing to the medical center to waiting for the result, was one of the scariest experiences of my life and no one should ever go through that. Talking to the medical bay trying to explain to them what is happening to me was the hardest thing. My heart was pounding, my speech was slurred, and my eye focus wasn’t there. It put the medical staff in distress as I told them I had covid-19 symptoms. The results came back as negative and I went back to work the next day to try to normalize the situation.

Due to that reason, I lost my job.

From that moment to now I can’t confirm what happened, but I believe they tried to remove all information about me like I’m a ghost walking around now.

People don’t want to recognize me more than twice but I got so many people trying rely on me to do sometimes I can’t even do.

The amount of pressure on me is insane… Friends, People, Family, Government, Companies ETC

It’s been a hard process talking to people since this event, I have lived a very isolated life since covid-19 and trying to talk to people is what I found the hardest part in my daily life.

Worst part of all no one wants to tell me what’s going on, which should be the easiest thing to do.

This past few months I have grown so much without little to no support but now with so much pressure on me I hope to find support with Beyond Blue.

2 Replies 2

On The Road
Community Member

Hi Cgawe, 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that this kind of thing happened to you, and I can see it's definitely not easy for you to bear all the pressure 🙁. But I'm glad that you are reaching out. 

Think about a situation where there had been no COVID thing at all, would the reaction from others still be the same?  People's reactions might be smaller. Think about it if it was your loved one that did this, what would you say to your loved one and how would you treat them? Would it be less harsh?

and the fact you tested negative eventually. I think every person has done "something stupid" from time to time, but it doesn't mean that person should be put under overwhelming pressure and isolated. Would you mind sharing more about how it is impacting your careers and social circle, I'm not sure but it sounds like there are some legal issues as well.

At the moment it might be difficult for you to open up with people around you, you may wanna have a chat with professional counsellors here via webchat or ring 1300224636. That you might get some valuable perspective. Please feel free to share more, we are here to listen 🙂

On The Road
Community Member

Hi Cgawe,  🙂 hope you doing ok