FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

My female housemate is being very manipulative

Rose2021
Community Member

Hi, everyone I am looking for some advice on what I should do to stop my female housemate from posting rude things about my mum on social media. She is also being very manipulative to my mum. I no longer want to be in the same room as her let alone the same house as her. She also said to my mum that having 2 weeks notice to leave the house is illegal when it isn’t illegal. I have no clue what to do. 

5 Replies 5

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Rose2021,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation your mum is in. If there is an issue of cyberbullying you can always make reports to the esafety commission here: https://www.esafety.gov.au/report 

It might be best to document any bad behaviour from your housemate and raise it with the landlord also. Please keep us updated and I hope your mum is doing okay.

Bob

Rose2021
Community Member

My mum is the landlord of the house as she owns the house. It is hard for me to report the cyberbullying as I can’t access Facebook at the moment. My Mum I think is stressed from it all. I no longer want to be in the same house as the female house mate. As the female house mate is an evil person. 

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Rose2021,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that both you and your mum are stressed over this. Is there any progress on potentially having her evicted for harrassment?

Bob

Rose2021
Community Member

The female house mate is finally packing up her stuff and moving out which is good. She is having removalists come next Monday which is also good. It will be good for mine and my mums mental health. I feel super sorry for my mum. The female house mate is a very evil woman. Luckily I haven’t said anything rude or mean to the female housemate. I wish this woman wasn’t so evil and mean. Towards people and to make matters worse. Her partner died a year ago. So she thinks that she can put that on other people. If I was a cop I would arrest her here and now. For what she has done. But sadly I am not a cop so I can’t arrest her get her charged with anything. I feel like having some stern words with the woman. She is being mean because of dominance reasons. 

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Rose2021,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear she is moving out. I hope this can bring you and your mum some peace. Keep us posted on how you go.

Bob