FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Morning glory

Morning_glory
Community Member
This is my very first ‘contribution’ to a thread! I’m a 73 year old grandmother - and retired health professional. There seem to be many days at the moment, where life appears bleak. A mix of anxiety & depression. I feel concern for the future - especially relating to my grandkids. I had felt that our lives would be filled with countless success stories - but instead, broken dreams & disillusionment.
2 Replies 2

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Morning glory, welcome to the forum.

I can understand how you want the best for your grandchildren and worry about the future.

Sometimes our anxiety and depression can see everything as broken dreams and disillusionment while ignoring any good times.

I know when I look into the eyes of my grandchild I wonder about what her life will be like.

What future would you like for your grandkids?

Feel free to continue the chat as zi would like to discuss this further.

Quirky

Soberlicious96
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Morning Glory,

Welcome to Beyond Blue and well done for reaching out.

I am curious as to how long you have been retired for, and if, in your planning for retirement, that you perhaps have not really thought about what to do with your time? I suppose I am wondering what may be contributing to this bleak feeling you have.

I only ask because even though I am quite some way from retirement myself, (I turn 50 next year) I do think about what I would do with my time once I no longer have a job to go to. I have several hobbies, for example, and I think 'Gosh, retirement is going to mean I can do so much more of what I love to do, rather than what I have to do!'

Have you experienced a change in your physical health? Or is it perhaps too much idle time on your hands? Maybe it will help to expand a little on what you feel may have, or be contributing to your feelings?

Anyway, just want you to know that we are here for you if you want to talk some more about what is going of for you. Take care. xo