FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Monthly Forums Update: Reflecting Back on July

Sophie_M

Hi Everyone

Thank you for stopping in on the forums. We hope you find the forums to be a safe space to offload your thoughts, feelings and connect with others. We recognise that many members of the community continue to be impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and are seeking additional resources during this time of uncertainty.

Please know Beyond Blue’s Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service (CMWSS) is here to help, offering support and information on ways to support yourself in your daily life, at work, home as well as resources on supporting others during the coronavirus pandemic. Further resources can be found at the end of this post.

Community Voices: What are people talking about?

Coping on your own  

I live alone with my 2 cats. Quite frankly as of now I feel so afraid and alone. I fear how I will ever feel normal like everyone else on society. I struggle to hold my minimum wage job and will most likely lose this too next year. I feel like I have lost everything. Flamingo1989 (Read more here)

First time poster here. It's the eve of my birthday, I'm in lockdown, live alone and have had a week of being triggered for a multitude of reasons. Having been in therapy on and off for years, I am picking up more and more tools to help deal with the dark moments and more often than not (these days) cope well and manage triggers as opposed to acting out on them. I don't consider my writing good, have no idea where the words came from, but it feels better verbally dribbling them on a page. Can anyone relate? Aurora2015 (Read more here)

I live alone and have no friends and am finding being in lock down and not seeing or speaking to anyone for days on end is really getting me down. I'm a 54 year old shy introvert, who has always had trouble keeping friends. They always seem to just use me to get what they want and then I never hear from them again. - Normm (Read more here)

Managing feelings of uncertainty

It is extra difficult to cope with anxiety since all this Covid and lockdowns etc have been going on. The unpredictability and uncertainty can be really tough. I hope you find some solace here on the forums where you can post/reply and see that you are not alone in feeling anxious. Also there is a BB covid line you can call to speak to a counsellor 1:1. You can call as many times as you need. Some ppl call daily; whatever you need to help get you through. And obviously on here and there is an online chat to for BB if you prefer that style if thing. - golden82 (Read more here)

My name is Jasmin and I am a new member of this online community! I hope everyone is doing well or the best they can during these times of uncertainty. I'm currently in South West Sydney so we are currently in a strict lockdown. I work with vulnerable youth so I am considered an essential worker and I'm currently studying psychology, which can be quite intense so I am missing face-to-face classes with my uni friends - Jazminaa (Read more here)

I'm normally a "stress head" anyway but this has been exacerbated recently as I was injured in a traffic accident in May. I'm currently two months into a physiotherapy program for my injuries but am having problems going back to work. My work environment is stressful normally and coupled with my current pain level, I can't seem to manage being there, even for a few hours... So I stress about when I can return back to work and my potential loss of income, leading to loss of my house etc if I can't pay the bills. - StressHead63 (Read more here

Staying Well: Coping with negative thinking, extended lockdown, and recognising what keeps you going

I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm having negative thoughts, the only way for me to stay on top of my head is to keep busy. For me it helps to be productive and creative, whether that be by working, doing my assignments, exercising, painting, or writing poetry. Does anyone out there want to share how they cope when they're feeling 'not so hot'??? - Gab. (Read more here)

As news of the VIC lockdown going for another week emerges (as well as more restrictions for NSW), just checking in with everyone, especially people that live alone or have any lockdown anxieties of any kind (like me).Auton (Read more here)

I learnt that for me its the little things that keep me going. From being able to see the sunset, to being able to say good morning to my boyfriend, to finishing my work and going home, and to watching my favourite Tv-show. I had to explore all of these things during the pandemic to keep myself going. To keep myself positive. I want to know from you, what it is that keeps you going Ciara1 (Read more here)

Meet Beyond Blue’s Newest Community Champions

You may have noticed a few fellow forum members have now jumped on board as Community Champions over the last few months. Please welcome: 

• Jazz and Blues
  • Isabella_
  • Gabs_
  • Learn to Fly
  • Pumpkinella
  • Miz
  • Petal22
  • jaz28
  • Sophia16

Valued Contributor Award

Our Valued Contributor for the month of July is Lillylane!

Lillylane has been nominated for actively welcoming members to the forums while taking the time to listen to others journeys and nurture connections within the community. Thank you for all of your support Lillylane! 

To read more about what a Valued Contributor is and how you can nominate a fellow community member, please refer to our thread Nominate a Valued Contributor here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support

BB News/Resources

Below are a few articles featured on the Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service webpage that you may find to be helpful during this time: 

R U OK Day have also released ‘Tradies Tools to Talk’, a conversation guide to help tradies know when and how to ask their workmates ‘are you OK?’.

To download R U OK’s free resources, including ‘Tradies Tools to Talk’, visit     bit.ly/2VEWUYC 

0 Replies 0