FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Mid- life Crisis Maybe...

simple-guy
Community Member

Hello to all, i am very new to this kind of thing not a big tech user but have to try something when all else feels like is failing. I am very alone in this world and i am lost right now. No family no friends no body to talk to. Sold my home to get away from small town torments and teasing just for wanting to live  in peace and harmony with nature, living a self sustainable healthy life, but that seems worthy of ridicule among rural towns people. Currently on a road trip to find another place but from what i can see, it will only be the same outcome where ever i go. Can't call on anybody because i simply dont have anybody. Don't know where to go from here but just keep driving... i have joined this forum to  seek out anybody who knows of any where preferably QLD where a guy can find santuary?

3 Replies 3

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

I have no idea of a place that might suit "you" - it depends on what you  define as sanctuary? I mean, what would this place be like? For some people it might be the seaside and others prefer somewhere inland and away from everyone.  

On being ridiculed ... It might feel like that, but also (perhaps?) a little jealously on those ridiculing you - you might be doing something that many want to do but feel they cannot.

It sounds like you are on a search for tribe - people who have similar beliefs to you. Any maybe the journey through smaller towns and other places, you will find them.

Hi Small Wolf thanks for the reply. I choose the forest and nature as my favourite environment. I recently thought I was on the right track as you suggested in finding a tribe but I found that even within that so called tribe there is a great deal of paranoia about the true intentions of people. Some just don't believe that people are truly looking for like minded people to gel with no strings attached. I've found the smaller the town the more you stand out. I guess all I can say is all it would take for me, would be just one genuine like minded soul to gel with. Right now, not having any where to live is hard. 

It sounds like you have had some bad experiences with people and how they have treated you. 😞

There maybe rain forest areas within North Qld, or some places in the "mountains" outside of Brisbane that are more art and crafty. I would think that places up north would be cheaper compared to down south of Qld.