FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year , Season's Greetings

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Wishing everyone all the best for the festive season.

Maybe you celebrate Christmas, maybe you hate it, maybe it means nothing to you at all and maybe you have other celebrations this time of year or none at all.

We are such a diverse group here on the forum, making up this amazing community.

If you would like to share something about this time of year, you are welcome to do so.

I also realise that around the world New Year's Eve is celebrated during many different months. It would be interesting to have a look at an international calendar, then fly to every country celebrating New Year's through the year to learn new traditions and beliefs.

If you celebrate Christmas, I wish you a very Happy Christmas and hope you find peace with in. If you don't celebrate, I still wish you inner peace and hope for all.

Kindest regards from Dools

18 Replies 18

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone,

I had a quick look on Google to see how to wish people a Merry Christmas in various languages. For some reason this is all that I could manage to transfer over! My computer skills are a little poor! Ha. Ha.

Gézuar Krishlindjet Vitin e Ri! (Albanian)
Geseënde Kerfees (Afrikaans)
Rehus-Beal-Ledeats (African/ Eritrean/ Tigrinja)
Gozhqq Keshmish (Apache)
Milad Majid (Arabic)
Feliz Navidad (Argentine)
Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand (Armenian)
Tezze Iliniz Yahsi Olsun (Azeri)
Zorionak eta Urte Berri On! (Basque)
Winshuyu sa Svyatkami i z Novym godam! (Belorussian)
Vesele Vanoce (Bohemian)
Feliz Natal (Brazilian)
Shubho borodin (Bengali)
Nedeleg laouen na bloavezh mat (Breton)
Tchestita Koleda or Tchestito Rojdestvo Hristovo (Bulgarian)
Bon Nadal i un Bon Any Nou! (Catalan)

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dool,

A happy Christmas to you also. And to everyone else in the community here.

My wish would be to feel that I am participating in the joy and happiness of this time. And that wish is extended to everyone who comes to this forum.

Tim

Yesterday any sense of joy or hope left me and the Christmas Spirit was no where in sight.

I packed up the Christmas stuff and threw it back in the storage boxes.

I sent out text messages to family cancelling Christmas.

Mental health issues can be so devastating.

Does anyone else struggling like this and if so how do you make a recovery?

Cheers from Dools

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
Sorry to hear that Dools.

What happened? If you want to tell.

Me though, I just go through the motions.

Tim

LQ23
Community Member
So nice Dools to hear happiness at this time of the year - I am very new to beyond blue forums since Oct 19 and I find great comfort reading that I am not alone on this journey to feel better about myself. I look outside at the things around me and take it in from dogs playing in the parks to people sitting and laughing and think that I too can do that and it is baby steps each day. I look back at my posts and I feel I have come a long way thanks to you all for being there and hope that others can too! Merry Christmas to all on the forum and Beyond Blue cause each year can bring change and hope for wonderful things 😘

LQ23
Community Member
You are amazing! Also a hug is a great communicator in any language 🙂

LQ23
Community Member
Dools it is baby steps each and every day - stop take a deep breath, listen to some happy music and above all talk to someone, anyone - each day is a new day and a day you can believe in yourself 😘

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi LQ23 and Tim,

Went in to work today and was pleasantly surprised at the amount of staff who wished me a Merry Christmas considering I have only been there for a month.

I was totally surprised to receive a couple of gifts as well.

Yesterday my husband contact my family and told them to still come for Christmas Eve dinner tonight.

Think I had a huge meltdown due to triggers at Church on Sunday and due to the ghosts of Christmases past.

I have no idea if family are actually coming tonight or not or when. I know my sister is fighting fires at present. I think the unknown threw me yesterday.

I've managed to return some of the Christmas decorations.

Wishing everyone some peace for Christmas!

Cheers from Dools

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Mrs Dools..and the other lovely people here..🤗..

Your strength and perseverance is such an inspiration to so many people..Well done getting some decorations back out from the storage box and placing them where you wanted them....

I just wanted to call in and wish you a peaceful Christmas precious lady...and also wishing you a peaceful new year fill with joy, love, happiness, and positivity fulling your days....with beasty no where to be seen or heard...

Thank you so much for the amazing person you are and all the inspiration I have received from you and your post...

Sending my love, good wishes, hugs and peace...🎄💜🤗🕊🌱...To you and everyone reading...

Merry Christmas..🎄..

Grandy...