FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Lost My Family

Png
Community Member
Taken a long time but lost my family i think they couldn't live with my sadness is that possible
3 Replies 3

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Png~

I'm sorry that your family has broken up. I did read your other two posts where you offered help to others, something not all can do and shows a caring nature. I realize it is 6 years or more since you saw your kids, also that you are unsure as to the reasons for the separation.

Having sadness and depression long term is a very hard hing to live with, and it does reflect on others too. Your family situation will sadly only make matters worse as you are wondering if it is all you.

Not many breakups are caused by just one person, or just one thing. It is very easy to assume all the blame, and to try to live with that, even though in reality it takes two. You are probably shouldering a lot more burden than is right.

May I ask if you have been having treatment for your sadness and depression? I ask as I found I was incapable of improving until I had competent medical support, with therapy and medication. Even then it has been a slow process, though I'm now in a pretty good place.

Do you have any family or friends you can talk with to give you perspective and show care? I found it made a huge difference if personal support is there.

Would you like ot come back and talk some more?

Croix

Png
Community Member
Thank you croixs for your lovely support i just have bad days i have a history of depression in my family i do have people to talk to i have a social worker that i am going to see take care

Png
Community Member
Sorry croix i forgot to say i hope you are all well and everything is going good