FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Loss of identity, independence and withdrawn

Chunty
Community Member
Hi lovely people. I am experiencing the above title. Im wondering if this is a common feeling. I have chosen to withdraw from outsides,as it is my way of survival. Would like some thoughts and views of others who feel the same way I do. Take care lovely beings. Chunty
67 Replies 67

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chunty,

Nice to hear from you…

Sorry you were upset by the way a male nurse spoke to you…. I understand his words would have hurt………… I use to get sensitive to what other people said to me but I learned that this was a reflection of them and not me……. I learned to just let it go because by them being like that will only make them feel horrible and negative because they hold a lot of negativity and if they want to live that way then that’s their choice…………. Chunty let them keep their negativity and instead of taking in their negativity let it go and embrace the light….. put your attention on something positive and something your grateful for….. this will bring you a much higher energy vibration…. I know light is Jesus so I always choose to live in the light 🙏

Thats great you spoke to the movement disorder nurse I’m so glad she could understand you and help you 🙏

Im glad it’s a nice day for you today 😊 I’m great today too….. I feel very blessed….. I’m a mum in my 40 s and I love my life….. and I love to help others in any way that I can….

I once went through a really rough time in my life I had severe anxiety OCD…… this was one of the hardest things I’ve ever been through I didn’t understand what was happening to me… I went on a mental health journey…… my health professionals helped me a lot I’ll be forever grateful to them…… I also had a lovely support network which I feel very grateful for….. I had a lovely friend who reminded me while I was in the depths of OCD…… For God has not given you a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind ❤️🙏

I’ve now recovered from OCD and I feel that I came through to the other side so I could help others who are going through mental health…….. I always feel I can give them HOPE…..

Im always here to chat Chunty…. Please feel free to chat to me anytime 😊🦋

Chunty
Community Member

Hello Petal Thank you for your lovely message. I needcto vent. Thru desperation I wnt to lookfor a psychic reading.Instead of a reading she insisted I had past lives and to bring my past life hen I was healthy to heal me in this life. I told her I didnt believe in past lives but she kept insisting that she could heal me. Common sense says that cells, mjscles and tissues that hsve ceased up cant be healed. I asked her questions for a reading and she totally ignored me.She asked me to send a photo of myself and she never acknowledged. I hsve been upset all afternoon, so I rang her. She was so rude and nasty to me denying she didnt know me and refused to help me. Im so hurt and upset. I was going to pay her, but she made me feel I was a bit of dirt. I try reaching out for help but grt knocked bsck and rejected. There must be something wrong with me. I admire you getting over your OCD. The anxiety you experience would have been horrible. Today is my 75th birthday and what a day. Do you think there is somthing wrong with me, i try to reach out and get rejected. Thats why Im withdrawn.Nobody bothered about my birthday except my carer. So sorry I winged, but I had to get it off my chest. I wont be looking for psycics anymore.She charged me $50.00 and she was no help to me. God Bless You Petal22. You are a kind soul

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Happy birthday Chunty 🥳🎉🦋🌺

Im so sorry that the psychic treated you that way that’s horrible…. I believe some people have a gift and they can give healing readings I mean in a healing emotional sense of compassion and love not in the physical sense……..

but some don’t have a gift at all and are just in it for the money…… which is really sad that they hurt people in the process for their own greed……

I think it’s a wise choice to stay away from them..

There is nothing wrong with you Chunty…… your a lovely caring person just seek the people that bring light to you…… do you attend a church? What do you enjoy doing? Do you like crochet? There are graft groups you could join and meet new caring friends…. When you meet the correct people in your life the ones that want to be your friend will stay….they will love you …… there are people in this world that are this way….

Wow Chunty 75 years old today how beautiful……. ❤️🦋

happy birthday to you

happy birthday to you

happy birthday dear Chunty

happy birthday to you ❤️🎉

Hip hip hooray

Hip hip hooray

🎂 This cake is for you

Im here to chat to you anytime 😊

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chunty

So sorry to hear your experience with the psychic was so disappointing. When you appoint someone as 'the go to person for telling you what you desperately want to know' and they disappoint themself from filling that role, it can be so disheartening.

Being such a sensitive person, I can easily imagine you having your own intuitive abilities. Sounds like you can easily sense other people's frustration or dismissive nature. On the flip side, when a carer comes along who happens to care deeply, you can feel their level of care. It's like you have a real connection with them. Some carers have a great ability to sense exactly what someone needs.

Working in aged care, I'm surrounded by a number of sensitive people with amazing intuitive abilities. Just to name a couple...While one has the ability to read people like a book, her ability to get an accurate feel for a person gives her a 100% strike rate when it comes to picking which staff members are in the early stages of pregnancy. She says it's something she can just sense. Any staff member who doesn't want their pregnancy revealed has to avoid her 🙂 Another staff member is so intuitive she pretty much saved her young nephew's life. While his parents felt their son's lethargy was just growing pains, she insisted they seriously needed to take their son to the doctor. Much to their annoyance, she pushed and pushed them until they finally did something. She just couldn't get this sense of urgency in her to subside. It turned out he was in the early stages of a progressive form of cancer. He's healthy today.

While you felt a need to connect with an intuitive person, it's a shame the 1st person you met on your path is someone you felt to be a bit of a 'snake oil salesman'. Do you think you'd be able to feel who's the real deal if you came across them?

Myself, I've been blessed to find a highly intuitive guy who I see on occasion, who's helped me at significant forks in the road in my life. First time I ever saw him he led me to tears. He triggered me through telling me 'You need to forgive yourself for moving off the path to finding who you naturally are. It's okay.'. Another thing he said, 'You need to learn to wash off the mud that other people are going to fling at you as they judge you'. On the way home from seeing him, I pulled up to a set of lights. I looked over to my right to find a billboard advertising washing powder. In big bold letters it read 'WASH OFF THE MUD'. I couldn't help but smile 🙂

Chunty
Community Member
Thank you Dear Petal 22 for your lovely post. It made me feel a worthy person. Being Catholic im no supposed to go to psychics, so now I have to make confession to my priest. I used to go to church every Sunday, but am finding it difficult to go out for long periods. My dear priest comes once a week to give me Holy Communion. Im going to make an attempt to go to church becsuse I missit terribly. I do love Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary very much and I must learn to put my tust in them. I go to these psychics in desperation and Ive learnt my lesson. Im pretty intuitive myself and can sense hostilty. The problem is I try harder to reach out and get rejected. I guessxI have learnt from these experiences. Unfortunately, because of my condition, i cant attend crafts which I used too and met some lovely people. Now all I can do is pray from the intenet, watch religious moviesxwhich I love and listening to music. I try to entertain myself and I got my darling pussycatcMerryweather. I must thank you very much for your birthday wishes. It really cheered me up. I guess you can understand why I withdraw as I find it hard to face rejection. Thank you Dear Petal forcaccepting me. I do apprecite it alot.God Bless You.Chunty🙏🙏🙏😊😊🙂🙂😻😻🍎🍎🍒🍒🍇🍇

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chunty,

Thats ok 😊 you are a worthy person…. 🙏❤️

Going back to church sounds like a good idea if you are able to? It will give you a sense of belonging in your church group and you can catch up with some long term friends there…

I believe it’s good to put our trust in Jesus…… for Jesus knows the path….. I believe we are put on certain paths for certain reasons and we meet certain people along the way…… we learn certain things from certain people in our lives….

Thats great you are intuitive I’m sure you can sense things off certain people…. You know what s best for you..

Keep reaching out the right people will reach back……. Maybe there is some one in your church group you could reach out to as a friend?

I like listening to music too….. meditation is great have you ever tried it?

Thats nice you have a cat….. they like keeping us company….

Im glad you liked my birthday wishes for you…🌺

Im here to chat to you anytime 😊

Chunty
Community Member
Hello Petal 22 Thank you very much for encouraging message. You wouldnt beliwve what Im going to tell you. The Psychic who was rude to me and dismissed knowing me found my number asking me if I wanted a reading. She claimed she lost her phone and couldnt find it because her battery ran flat. I refused her offer and deleted her number. Im not going to be treated like dirt anymore. Im going to try and attempt and go to church. My priest came to see me today and said some of the other parisners asked about me. I thank you vdry much for all the encouragement and upliftment. You must be a really strong person to overcome OCD..and you are such a caring person as well. You are blessed.Chunty😋🙏🙏🙂🙂😻😻

Chunty
Community Member
Hi Therising. Thank you for your kind underdtanding post. Thsts amazing you are a carer. I hsve carers comr teice a day to do my personal care, and yes I csn pick and sense if they genuinely card i whst they do. I hsve hsd some lovely sincere ladies and Ive also sensed some thst do it for the money. One carer used to wstch the clock on few occasions and she wouldnt give one minute. All she did was talk in a loud voice, complained that she couldnt give me hot water to wash my face and even gave me cold flannel to wash my hands. I just sensed by her behsviour she was,nt here for me. I soon got rid of her. I guess as a carer you must be intuitive too. I am worried about my future, that is why I seek clairvoyants. I fear where im going to end up because of my total dependance on others. I want to be in my own home till my time comes, and I was expecting the psychic to tell me that. Ive decided to leave my life i Jesus,s hands. He wont let me down. I know you work in aged care facility, but they freak me out. I had respite for 3 weeks and I cried everyday. Thank you once again and I feel sure you make a wonderful carer. God Bless You Chunty

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Chunty

Aged care facilities are definitely not for everyone. People enter into them for so many varied reasons. I say, if you've got no good reason, best to stay at home and have the care come to you.

Not sure if you've ever heard of a writer named Neale Donald Walsch who wrote a series of books called 'Conversations with God'. While a clarvoyant works on the principal of seeing what comes to mind, a claraudiant works on the principal of hearing what comes to mind. Walsch defines himself as claraudiant. He began putting pen to paper during one of the worst times of his life. While he began to pray out of desperation, he realised prayer was not one way. He also began to listen to what naturally came to mind, following each question. This is how his books came about, conversations he wished to share.

I recall my earlier years in having been raised as Catholic. Of course, one of the things we were taught was how to pray, yet we were never taught how to listen to what came to mind in response. While no longer a practicing Catholic, I cannot deny there have been times in my life where what has come to mind has left me wondering 'Where did that come from?' Is it the powers that be that sometimes come to mind with 'You need to trust' after we've expressed how hopeless we feel? Perhaps there may be occasions where timing could not be more perfect, where you are left to seriously wonder. I recall a moment when sitting in traffic some years ago. While going through a deeply challenging transitional period in my life, I just could not make sense of it and declared in my mind, while on the verge of tears, 'I don't know what to do anymore'. In the very next moment 2 semi trailers passed, one right behind the other. The timing was incredible. The 1st had written on the side of it 'PHOENIX', with a logo of a phoenix. On the one behind was written 'GRACE'. Is was in that moment where what came to mind was 'As your old sense of self disintegrates, you're to move into who you are going to be, with grace'.

While I've had people say to me on occasion 'You see something in everything', my response is 'Why would I choose not to?'

Have you ever had one or more of those moments where something has come to mind and you were left thinking 'Where did that come from?'. It's like it was something that just suddenly popped in from out of the blue, without a single thought.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Chunty,

Thats ok I’m happy to help you in any way that I can and I’m glad I have helped you in some way…. 🙏❤️

Welldone Chunty……. take back your power….. good for you refusing the psychic and deleting her number….. you deserve so much better in life.

You deserve love and respect don’t allow anyone to treat you like dirt….. you have a heart and feelings you are a human being and deserved to be treated well..

Im glad to hear that you are going to try to go back to church, how nice that the parisners asked about you …… that’s nice the priest came to see you today……I hope you can go back to church Chunty I think it will do you good to be back with a nice group of caring loveable people….. who care about you too……. please let me know when you back and how it goes for you 😊

Thank you Chunty overcoming OCD was a very challenging part of my life and I know that I am very blessed to have overcome this condition….. I plan to use my blessings in any way that I can for the better to help others in their life’s who may be struggling or just need a shoulder to lean on I know that Jesus gave me these blessings because he knows I will do great things with them for the glory of Jesus….. ❤️🙏

Please reach out and chat to me anytime Chunty about anything we are friends now 😊